Who will replace Foden as the next project?

I think McAtee and Palmer both have the natural ability to go very far in the game. Hopefully it will be for us.
McAtee is probably my favourite in the academy right now. Such a brilliant player. Palmer and Doyle should go far too, hopefully THBs loan goes well

What the 18 year olds that recently played for the first team and have been on the bench?
Yes, i don't think either will still be around the first team in 5 years time, especially not THB.
Hope i'm wrong of course
There's a big difference in getting a half in a league cup tie, and 60 minutes against a League 2 side in the FA Cup, to being an actual first team regular.
Foden has only become established as a first choice this season really and is one of the best young players in the world for his age.

Last edited:
Yes, i don't think either will still be around the first team in 5 years time, especially not THB.
Hope i'm wrong of course
There's a big difference in getting a half in a league cup tie, and 60 minutes against a League 2 side in the FA Cup, to being an actual first team regular.
Foden has only become established as a first choice this season really and is one of the best young players in the world for his age.
Yes but they were taken off as we were being over-run by a league 2 side - after they went off we won. Yet there is clamour for them to be starting against premier league teams.

Both showed glimpses of what is to come from them, Doyle's set pieces were something we don't have for example. However they are kids and we are a team who is battling for every honour and to win every game.

Dont get me wrong i would love to see more kids coming through and we have a very talented bunch, however were we to lose a game having blooded some kids then there would be uproar. Its an incredibly difficult thing to do when we demand perfection.

However when we are 3-0 up after 60 minutes and kids dont get a sniff it is disappointing.

Yes but they were taken off as we were being over-run by a league 2 side - after they went off we won. Yet there is clamour for them to be starting against premier league teams.

Both showed glimpses of what is to come from them, Doyle's set pieces were something we don't have for example. However they are kids and we are a team who is battling for every honour and to win every game.

Dont get me wrong i would love to see more kids coming through and we have a very talented bunch, however were we to lose a game having blooded some kids then there would be uproar. Its an incredibly difficult thing to do when we demand perfection.

However when we are 3-0 up after 60 minutes and kids dont get a sniff it is disappointing.
I agree with that and thought the same when watching that game.

I don't think there's that big a clamour for either to be starting league games, is there?

Plenty have the potential to blossom over the next 12 months,but Hodge has something special.

I like Lewis Fiorini too

Okay i might have the wrong end of the stick, so what has gone on before has gone, Foden is the only player to have earned his place in the first team squad, the players in the EDS are all eligible to play any league or domestic cup game, they have not because the first team did not get into a position where we could play them enough, so getting back to who do i think will be the next,James Mcatee , it could be Palmer if he can up his workload, both will be EPL players

How many youth players have taken the step in the club or after gone on loan? 4?
Angelino, Maffeo, Zinchenko, Gunn?
How many have gone thue the ranks and playing City?

Zinchenko and Foden?

The amount of talent in the academy right now is incredible. Reigning FA Youth Cup champions, and we`re currently winning the PL2 and U18 table. I think that Lavia, McAtee, Palmer, Doyle and Delap all have the ability to become future first-teamers. Of course that depends on a lot of things, but the talent is there. Dinho, Aguero, Mahrez, KDB and Gundogan will all be 30+ come the summer, so hopefully a couple of our youth players could make it. Hypothetically, if Laporte wanted to go somewhere else we have 4 brilliant young CBs with Mbete, THB, Burns and Doyle. Exciting times ahead

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.