Who will solve the defensive frailties to ensure the title?

The evidence suggests otherwise;

"Only" five goals less scored than Chelsea, yet our GD was 11 worse. And only 6 goals less scored than Spurs, but a GD 19 worse than them. We conceded far too many, simple as that.
I think that's simplifying it too much, when you take into account our style, line-up and general approach compared to those teams, we should be scoring far more goals than them and probably conceding more too.

For much of the season we had Aguero, Sterling, Sane, Silva, KDB and Yaya as the first choice midfield and attack, it's a side designed to outscore the opposition and too often it failed.

The evidence suggests otherwise;
o3suHfA.png

"Only" five goals less scored than Chelsea, yet our GD was 11 worse. And only 6 goals less scored than Spurs, but a GD 19 worse than them. We conceded far too many, simple as that.

As usual Jim, you are spot on sir.
Too many "easy" goals conceded...it felt like in some games...there shouldn't have been danger....but seconds later, it was in the net !?!?
I still believe though Stones has a hell of a future with you, and Pep could make him outstanding...can you keep Kompany fit??
Please please get VVD from under the Dippers noses!!!

Vinny will be the key. He stays fit and we win the title, no matter what happens at the other end of the park (which will be the most goals scored in league history btw). Yes, I am confident of a great season ahead ;)

A lot of emphasis will be keeping Vinny fit, if we do we will be in the hunt for sure I feel.

I think Pep will be wanting to try and get the team scoring close to 100 goals this season and knocking at least 10 goals off our conceded tally of last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.