Who will solve the defensive frailties to ensure the title?

We need to improve in all areas of the pitch where we can, by bringing in better players, obviously, just like every other team. However, the fact remains that with the players we had last season we should have done better than we did and that for me is more to do with the manager's performance. So we need to see Pep up HIS game a lot, or we'll need to improve in that area too. It's not just about the players.

We need to improve in all areas of the pitch where we can, by bringing in better players, obviously, just like every other team. However, the fact remains that with the players we had last season we should have done better than we did and that for me is more to do with the manager's performance. So we need to see Pep up HIS game a lot, or we'll need to improve in that area too. It's not just about the players.

I think a lot of fans have overestimated the quality of the squad in the last couple of seasons.

Clichy, Kolarov, Sagna, Mangala, Ota, Stones have all been average at best.

Throw in Fernando, Bravo, Navas, Nolito and Kelechi with an injured Kompany and Gundogan and Jesus for much of the season and that's where the problem was.

Pep does need to up his game though. Some of his in game decisions in particular were baffling.

Pep can't be too happy about the performance of those given the job of signing some new defenders.

It's got to be defence. Going forward we were electric sometimes and that can only get better now we have Bernardo Silva and a fully fit Gundogan.

SIGN 2 FULLBACKS >>> I don't actually care who at this moment in time.

Possibly one striker as well - Alexis please.

I bet Pep will play three at the back.

He needs to rethink his philosophy. Actually the pressing game is great for defending, not attacking.

Its easier to score goals when you lure them up and loosen their defense.

The fullbacks and goalkeeper last year were the biggest issue. If we sign Walker and Mendy to go with Edwrson, it is an unimaginable improvement right off the bat.

Defence wasn't the problem last year. We conceded pretty much the same amount of goals we usually do since we switched to attacking football.

We lacked goals. About 20 of them.

Defence wasn't the problem last year. We conceded pretty much the same amount of goals we usually do since we switched to attacking football.

We lacked goals. About 20 of them.
Spot on!!, we did concede "stupid, sloppy" goals last season that's for certain, but the amount of chances we missed/wasted, frustrating to say the least

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.