Who Will Win the World Cup?

I'll go for Brazil to win and Mbappe each way as top scorer.
Brazil to win (Germany a very close second) and the selfish Neymar to win Golden Boot.

Probably Griezmann takes France's penalties (not sure though since I don't follow France) - which makes MBappe a dark horse for the GB.

https://m.skybet.com/football/world-cup-2018/event/21557112

Messi co-favorite with Neymar according to the above - don't think that Argentina will get far enough in the tournament though.

Previous jokes I’ve made aside, I think it will be one of Belgium, Spain, or Brazil.

If I had a gun to my head, I would pick Brazil (or Russia, as that would be more in keeping with having a gun to my head).

Previous jokes I’ve made aside, I think it will be one of Belgium, Spain, or Brazil.

If I had a gun to my head, I would pick Brazil (or Russia, as that would be more in keeping with having a gun to my head).
Belgium have an extremely strong side - but they've never performed up to expectation (similar to France who somehow managed to lose to Portugal in the Euros). For me, it's Brazil, Germany or Spain.

Belgium have an extremely strong side - but they've never performed up to expectation (similar to France who somehow managed to lose to Portugal in the Euros). For me, it's Brazil, Germany or Spain.
I think they have built on the experience of their past failures and are in a much better place to make a deep run this year, especially given Vinny’s current fitness and Kevin’s exceptional talent. Add Hazard (either, these days), Lukaku (should be better for Belgium as he doesn’t have to act as an eighth centreback for most of the match), and supporting players like Carrasco, Mertens, Dembele, and Meunier, and you have a formidable team that, playing as a cohesive unit, can take apart any other team in the world.

Still, I think the stars are (literally and figuratively) aligning for Brazil—I feel as though Gabby is going to have a great tournament.

I think they have built on the experience of their past failures and are in a much better place to make a deep run this year, especially given Vinny’s current fitness and Kevin’s exceptional talent. Add Hazard (either, these days), Lukaku (should be better for Belgium as he doesn’t have to act as an eighth centreback for most of the match), and supporting players like Carrasco, Mertens, Dembele, and Meunier, and you have a formidable team that, playing as a cohesive unit, can take apart any other team in the world.

Still, I think the stars are (literally and figuratively) aligning for Brazil—I feel as though Gabby is going to have a great tournament.
Agree with all of the above - except that Belgium have had this amazing squad for a while and have done absolutely nothing in world football. In fact, they haven't come close to doing something of note.

Agree with all of the above - except that Belgium have had this amazing squad for awhile and have done absolutely nothing in world football.
Hence the “built on the experience of their past failures”. They will be hungry to prove their worth this summer.

And, if we are honest, Kevin was not quite to his current level even two years ago, so having a newly minted World Class central midfielder in the squad improves their chances significantly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.