Who wishes it was the 80's again?

• Thread starter Ballet-on-ice
  • Start date
None of this social media bollocks! Using waspish as an example, what would he have done instead of 36157 posts?

80's for me wasnt great ! 3 years unemployed, skin cancer nearly got me but thanks to a great army doctor doing the first skin graft in our local hospital I am still here :), mum fought of two lots of cancer. Than I found work bought a house and than Thatcher sent the mortgage rate through the roof along with the pole tax. I lived of beans on toast for years trying to pay the mortgage.

I always thought my unemployment was down to having skin cancer but no, found out in the early 90's when applying for a medical to take my HGV Class 1, that the secretary in the doctor's had put my notes into the same file as someone with the same name. So when anyone asked to see my medical notes it came back that I was a heroin addict along with other drugs and an alcoholic. Back than you couldnt see your doctors notes or even sue.

I was a child of the eighties. To me it was cheque trousers, farah pants for school, Adidas Samba, convincing myself I could breakdance, making ramps for our bikes, girls with massive hair, roller skating at the roxy in Bury, getting pissed behind the megabowl, fighting with other schools, ski Sunday after a bath.....

The list goes on, happy days.

Still scarred by The Jam and The Specials breaking up, music kinda went to shit after that.

On the home front, the 80's (just like the 70s) was another decade of murder, maiming and bombing so I'd pass on returning to that...!

I'd go back to the 70s in a heartbeat, I was generally happier in those days. I thought the 80s and 90s were a bit so-so while this century has largely been a bit of a nightmare personally - City's successes aside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.