Who would play Pellegrini in a film?

Prestwich_Blue

The Guardian has been running a piece based on fans' reviews of their team's season so far. Ours was as follows:
Manchester City - Lloyd Scragg - @lloyd_scragg

8/10 The early signs were worrying: it looked like we might repeat our limp title defence of 2012-13. But thankfully, things have really picked-up in recent weeks. The intensity and pressing is back, we’ve qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League and we’ve dealt with those nonsensical “one-man team” jibes. The turning point was undoubtedly the comeback against Bayern, which really does feel like a watershed moment.

Stars Sergio Agüero was in scintillating form before his injury, pushing himself ever closer to that bracket occupied solely by those two footballers playing in Spain. Continuing the Spanish theme, David Silva, like Agüero, was playing brilliantly before his injury, with that goal against West Ham the perfect illustration of his genius. A mention too must go to Joe Hart, who deserves great credit for his consistent form since being dropped in November 2013.

Flops If you watch City’s games instead of reading the headlines you’ll know that despite being labelled a flop by many, Eliaquim Mangala has been steadily improving, and has shown exactly why City bought him. He has all the attributes required to be a formidable centre-half. The only real disappointment has been Jovetic continuing to pick up muscle injuries, just when he’s finally beginning to live up to his promise.

The manager Pellegrini’s willingness to be tactically flexible has turned our form right round, and all credit to him for that. How he managed the game and the occasion in Rome was particularly impressive. However, how City deal with Barcelona over two legs will prove to be the true litmus test.

Who would play him in a movie? Al Pacino could channel him. Calm, authoritative and unassuming.
Looking at that last question, my choice would be someone who is laconic, unemotional and gives an impression of being made of steel - Clint Eastwood.

So who would you choose to play MP in 'City - The Movie'?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.