Next Captain

I quite like the idea of Neds as Captain, though it obviously won't happen. Maybe Kompany as captain, Ireland/Neds as vice-captain. I think both Ireland and Onouha (I almost said both the youngsters then realized Kompany is only 22/23) would really step up to fill the role.

I really hope we keep Neds and continue to play him, I think he could be a real class player one day. Obviously a good head on his shoulders, bright lad, and has all the physical attributes required.

Earlier this season I thought Kompany but of late I reckon it has to be Ireland.He seems to be the only player happy to get stuck in even when all around him players are crumbling.I also like the way he spoke to the press about the lack of spirit,shows he isn`t intimidated by our so-called stars.That has to be a good thing in a captain.

Brucie Bonus said:
FWIW, Ireland was bollocking the defence and trying to organize them against Hamburg: organizing our defence is like herding cats though.

I'd give it to Ireland last week as it is, but we are stuck with Hughes' no-look, no-see, last summer committment; thus Dunnie has it until the end of the season or Jose arrives.

Ireland was trying to organise the defence yesterday as well on at least a couple of occassions.

I like the 'authoritive' way Kompany plays but would give it to Ireland based on his passion and the fact that he's all over the pitch - I don't like a keeper as captain as they are stuck at the back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.