Who'd replace Tevez?

zangatangring

It's probably the most controversial aspect of our transfer saga. Despite vehemently believing that Tevez will stay, I find myself dumbstruck as to how he can fit in our team while exploit Aguero's talents as much as possible.

Suppose Aguero is Tevez's replacement or simply that Tevez is leaving. This thread is an amalgamation of all the transfer's regarding him.

I'll just sum up the candidates I'm aware of.

Eto'o - Widely speculated. Excellent centre forward. World's best goal-getting striker.
Although, many respectable in the knows have expressed that 'Mancini has been vetoed by the board' and it'll never happen.

Ezequiel Lavezzi - Excellent player. Revered in Napoli. A pertinent candidate for the Prem. Don't need to say much about his talent's. The only major concern being his goal scoring ability. He's right footed so his role is kind of ambiguous.

Giuseppe Rossi - Also an Excellent player. Left-footed and had it not been for his contrasting pace, he'd probably be the undisputed best candidate. Excellent passing, dribbling and goal getting skills.

Hulk - OTT prices have been thrown around. However, this doesn't mask the talent this guy exudes. If you want to know what type of player this guy is, think C. Ronaldo. Although not as good, He's definitely a talented player. Offered unrivalled flair in the Europa league for Porto. He ticks all the boxes. Pace, beautiful shots, dribbling magic and capable of fulfilling the striker role.

Alessio Cerci - TBH, what i've heard implies he's a lacklustre player. We'd have to utterly rely on MAncini's judgement for this one. I wouldn't expect him to sign and even if he did, would be dissapointed.

Nicolas Gaitan - Just one of the many dark horses that would be prolific. Ticks many boxes, but not quite as effectively as Hulk for instance.

For those who are cynical about 4 strikers, please be aware Mancini would view most of these players as attacking wingers/inverted wingers.

Combinations of Aguero/Balotelli/Dzeko/Guidetti/Silva/Nasri/Johnson will fill four roles in the team I believe. We'll be quite well equipped if the Tevez/Eto'o swap of convenience is dead in the water, although Mancini might add one other attacking player after Nasri it seems. Lavezzi would be a big step up from Cerci but so would his price and it depends on how financially prudent the club will be after buying Nasri. But we also have Nimely (if he can ever stay fit), Assulin, Suarez, and Roman who might play the domestic cup games.

Tevez City said:

Yeah. IMO, I think Aguero is the intended candidate to replace Tevez's role. However, I think another player is needed to mirror the role Balo plays as an inside forward/ inverted striking winger.

Blue Haze said:
It's time to start shifting resources out of forwards where we are overcrowded into midfielders and wingers.

How is this Gaitan? Any good?

Very good. Underrated IMO. Think like 'the perfect Adam Johnson.' However, Hulk is more than capable of playing a wing role. Hulk would hit the ground running. Gaitan's questionable but IMO would be nice.

zangatangring said:
It's probably the most controversial aspect of our transfer saga. Despite vehemently believing that Tevez will stay, I find myself dumbstruck as to how he can fit in our team while exploit Aguero's talents as much as possible.

Suppose Aguero is Tevez's replacement or simply that Tevez is leaving. This thread is an amalgamation of all the transfer's regarding him.

I'll just sum up the candidates I'm aware of.

Eto'o - Widely speculated. Excellent centre forward. World's best goal-getting striker.
Although, many respectable in the knows have expressed that 'Mancini has been vetoed by the board' and it'll never happen.

Ezequiel Lavezzi - Excellent player. Revered in Napoli. A pertinent candidate for the Prem. Don't need to say much about his talent's. The only major concern being his goal scoring ability. He's right footed so his role is kind of ambiguous.

Giuseppe Rossi - Also an Excellent player. Left-footed and had it not been for his contrasting pace, he'd probably be the undisputed best candidate. Excellent passing, dribbling and goal getting skills.

Hulk - OTT prices have been thrown around. However, this doesn't mask the talent this guy exudes. If you want to know what type of player this guy is, think C. Ronaldo. Although not as good, He's definitely a talented player. Offered unrivalled flair in the Europa league for Porto. He ticks all the boxes. Pace, beautiful shots, dribbling magic and capable of fulfilling the striker role.

Alessio Cerci - TBH, what i've heard implies he's a lacklustre player. We'd have to utterly rely on MAncini's judgement for this one. I wouldn't expect him to sign and even if he did, would be dissapointed.

Nicolas Gaitan - Just one of the many dark horses that would be prolific. Ticks many boxes, but not quite as effectively as Hulk for instance.

For those who are cynical about 4 strikers, please be aware Mancini would view most of these players as attacking wingers/inverted wingers.

My,my, but you've wasted an awful lot of time writing that.............Aguero.
Next post please.

ANY1aBLUE said:
My,my, but you've wasted an awful lot of time writing that.............Aguero.
Next post please.

I'm embarrassed :(.

Lol, I said if you do see aguero as the Tevez replacement, what sort of player do you see filling the void in Mancini's maligned '4 strikers' target? Granted, we may or may not get 4 world class strikers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.