Kane
Vardy
Rashford

Pickford

Dier Stones Maguire

Walker Delph Bertrand

Alli/Wilshere Sterling

Vardy Kane

Pickford, Pope, Butland (though don’t really rate any of them)

Trippier, Walker, Rose, Young, Stones, Maguire, Delph, Tarkowski

Dier, Henderson, Alli, Lingard, Loftus Cheek, Wilshere, Foden

Kane, Sterling, Vardy, Rashford, Zaha

Expectations: fairly low

I'd have Gunn in net tbh, don't rate any of the other options and despite his bizarre reputation, Pickford is shocking with his feet (and hands).

Gunn
Walker-Maguire-Stones-Bertrand
Dier-Delph
Sterling-Lallana-Sessegnon
Kane

That midfield depresses me, but their is no one in England who has any sense of midfield positional sense so Dier and Delph almost win by default. Gone with Sessegnon over Rashford as I genuinely think Rashford is awful, a headless chicken who just runs until he loses the ball

if Stones Walker and Delph don't start in defence then I'd question Southgate. The issue is midfield there is just no quality at all. Alli and that's it. upfront you've got a greedy striker not interested in team play and the best player in Sterling that they prefer to boo.
Oh my mistake. I'd take James Maddison from Norwich then or Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

Last edited:
I'd have Gunn in net tbh, don't rate any of the other options and despite his bizarre reputation, Pickford is shocking with his feet (and hands).

Gunn
Walker-Maguire-Stones-Bertrand
Dier-Delph
Sterling-Lallana-Sessegnon
Kane

That midfield depresses me, but their is no one in England who has any sense of midfield positional sense so Dier and Delph almost win by default. Gone with Sessegnon over Rashford as I genuinely think Rashford is awful, a headless chicken who just runs until he loses the ball
for me, Vardy deserves the start. Also, we will definitely play 3 at the back. For me, we start with:

-------------------Pickford
---------Cahill-----Stones---Maguire
Walker----------------------------------Rose
----------Henderson------Shelvey
---------------------Sterling
----------------Kane-------Vardy

for me, Vardy deserves the start. Also, we will definitely play 3 at the back. For me, we start with:

-------------------Pickford
---------Cahill-----Stones---Maguire
Walker----------------------------------Rose
----------Henderson------Shelvey
---------------------Sterling
----------------Kane-------Vardy
A Henderson Shelvey midfield sounds pretty terrifying. If we're going to go for the all out giving up possession, just playing on the counter then I don't see much point in Kane and you'd want more solid players shielding your defence as they are going to be under a lot of pressure. Also, I'd rather play with 10 men than have Gary Cahill on the pitch, the guy is an absolute liability these days

A Henderson Shelvey midfield sounds pretty terrifying. If we're going to go for the all out giving up possession, just playing on the counter then I don't see much point in Kane and you'd want more solid players shielding your defence as they are going to be under a lot of pressure. Also, I'd rather play with 10 men than have Gary Cahill on the pitch, the guy is an absolute liability these days
I put Cahill in because he's the captain. Swap him with Tarkowski or put Walker there and swap him with Trippier.

Also, what is this talk about Kane being pointless on the break?? That's just silly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.