Who's in your England World Cup squad

I'd like to see Mount and Sancho included. They both look like they have the ability to be elite players even though they are just 18 and 19.

A Henderson Shelvey midfield sounds pretty terrifying. If we're going to go for the all out giving up possession, just playing on the counter then I don't see much point in Kane and you'd want more solid players shielding your defence as they are going to be under a lot of pressure. Also, I'd rather play with 10 men than have Gary Cahill on the pitch, the guy is an absolute liability these days
Also, tell me about these pass-masters I'm forgetting that will keep the ball better than Shelvey and Henderson? Loftus Cheek??? don't make me laugh.

Also, tell me about these pass-masters I'm forgetting that will keep the ball better than Shelvey and Henderson? Loftus Cheek??? don't make me laugh.
It's not about pass masters, it's that those two will never get the ball off anyone. if you play a midfield 2 then you're already pretty much conceding the midfield battle, but if one of them is Jonjo Shelvey then you definitely ate as his defending is almost non-existent. He has a great long range pass on him, but his pass and move isn't exactly Xavi-esque.

As for why Kane is pointless in a counter attacking team, because he wouldn't have the ball very much. If I'm playing on the break I'm hitting it to Vardy, or Sterling and Kane isn't going to keep up. If I'm going full counter attack then I'm going Rashford, Vardy, Sterling and just trying to break at speeds that don't let the opposition get numbers back to defend. I don't think we really have the creativity to break teams down if they have numbers back, but Shelvey is as good as anyone at an accurate long punt for the pacemen to chase.

If we're playing like that then it would probably be more of a back 5, as you can't really get your wingbacks up if you can't keep hold of the ball, plus it would help us flood the middle a bit to have the 3 centerbacks be able to stay narrow.

I don't know, I don't really think we've got the personnel in midfield to really make any system work particularly well

It's not about pass masters, it's that those two will never get the ball off anyone. if you play a midfield 2 then you're already pretty much conceding the midfield battle, but if one of them is Jonjo Shelvey then you definitely ate as his defending is almost non-existent. He has a great long range pass on him, but his pass and move isn't exactly Xavi-esque.

As for why Kane is pointless in a counter attacking team, because he wouldn't have the ball very much. If I'm playing on the break I'm hitting it to Vardy, or Sterling and Kane isn't going to keep up. If I'm going full counter attack then I'm going Rashford, Vardy, Sterling and just trying to break at speeds that don't let the opposition get numbers back to defend. I don't think we really have the creativity to break teams down if they have numbers back, but Shelvey is as good as anyone at an accurate long punt for the pacemen to chase.

If we're playing like that then it would probably be more of a back 5, as you can't really get your wingbacks up if you can't keep hold of the ball, plus it would help us flood the middle a bit to have the 3 centerbacks be able to stay narrow.

I don't know, I don't really think we've got the personnel in midfield to really make any system work particularly well
Henderson would never win the ball off anyone?? Kane can't keep up with a counter attack?
This isn't true. I agree Shelvey is a bit of a liability defensively but his passing range would help kick off counter attacks much better than anyone else we have in the squad. Maybe Delph could start there but his passing is pretty average (Dier's passing is no better). Wilshere could do it but will he be fit? For me, Wilshere's too much of a risk.

This is the real crux of the problem. If you compare our talent pool to Brazil's, or Germany's, or Spain's, France's, Portugal's, Belgium's or even Uruguay's. We really have 0 chance.

Butland
Walker, Maguire, Stones, Delph
Alli, Henderson, Lingard (I despise him but he’s a good player)
Sterling, Kane, Zaha

Butland
Walker, Maguire, Stones, Delph
Alli, Henderson, Lingard (I despise him but he’s a good player)
Sterling, Kane, Zaha
Bold choice picking an Ivory Coast international.
3y4a3.gif

Pope Butland Pickford

Stones Jones Dier Maguire Walker Trippier Alexander-Arnold Young Bertrand

Henderson Delph Loftus-Cheek Sessegnon Sterling Lingard Alli Bailey

Kane Rashford Vardy

Pope
Walker
Stones
Jones
Young
Henderson
Dier
Alli
Sterling
Bailey
Kane

If we don't call Bailey up we would be idiots and face losing him like we did Zaha who would walk into the first 11.

Pope Butland Pickford

Stones Jones Dier Maguire Walker Trippier Alexander-Arnold Young Bertrand

Henderson Delph Loftus-Cheek Sessegnon Sterling Lingard Alli Bailey

Kane Rashford Vardy

Pope
Walker
Stones
Jones
Young
Henderson
Dier
Alli
Sterling
Bailey
Kane

If we don't call Bailey up we would be idiots and face losing him like we did Zaha who would walk into the first 11.
I agree with this but I don't know if he wants to play for England... If so then he makes my squad ahead of Sessegnon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.