Who's in your England World Cup squad

Hart doesn't deserve a place, i don't think he'll ever recover from his horrendous loss of form

It's a pretty shit squad but that's based on overall quality which we are sadly lacking. I think Southgate has picked as well as he can and we finally seem to have a manager with a progressive nature as opposed to always picking the same failures.

My starting 11 from Southgates selection -

Pope
Walker-Stones-Jones-Delph
Dier-Henderson
Sterling-Alli-Lingard
Kane

not sure why Southgate has selected 3 RBs (Walker, Trippier, Arnold) along with Young, could have selected another couple of CMs instead...

My starting 11 from Southgates selection -

Pope
Walker-Stones-Jones-Delph
Dier-Henderson
Sterling-Alli-Lingard
Kane

not sure why Southgate has selected 3 RBs (Walker, Trippier, Arnold) along with Young, could have selected another couple of CMs instead...

He'll probably go 3 at the back with Walker at CB and Trippier at RWB.

Presumably Hart and Wilshere aren't on the backup list because Southgate doesn't want to deal with the potentially awkward situation of someone getting injured and having to call them up after rejecting them in humiliating fashion yesterday.

Have you seen our group? I'd back just about any team to get to the knock out stages ahead of the mighty Morocco and Panama

England plays Tunisia and in all honesty the actual Morocco Team could beat England. Don't get ahead of yourself.

Hard to understand the selection of Loftus-Cheek or Alexander-Arnold when the chances of either getting any meaningful game time is zilch. I'm sure they're both part of Southgate's future plans but neither has any experience at international level and, whilst they'll benefit from the experience, they're taking two places which, for me, would be better occupied by Lallana and Wilshire.

Pickford
Walker Stones Maguire
Trippier Henderson Ali Lingard Young
Sterling Kane

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.