Who's into Classical Music?

In junior school in the 70s our headmaster regularly played classical records in assembly

I'd love to go back and find out which ones

Obviously we detested it and saw it as another tool of authority

Andre Rieu - O Holy Night

I've seen the choir rehearse this at temple square in Salt Lake. I'm not religious but the acoustics are amazing in that gaff. Would love to get the decks out and spin some winners.

Andre Rieu - O Holy Night

I've seen the choir rehearse this at temple square in Salt Lake. I'm not religious but the acoustics are amazing in that gaff. Would love to get the decks out and spin some winners.
How many times were you hit up to join the church?

How many times were you hit up to join the church?

I was back in Salt Lake in October but didn't go the concert this time. It's a stunning place with that mountain back drop. Flew to Vegas from there, only an hour flight. Plenty of fit birds from all over the world that do the tour and try too convert you. Big homeless problem in SLC.

This is a cracking thread and I'm really into suggestions for stuff that I've not heard before. Been trying to get into classical music for the best part of 30 years. I try to get to live performances a couple of times a year and have quite a decent collection of classical music. I'm at the point now where I can make a pretty decent educated guess at the composer if I hear a piece of music on the radio.

I got a book for christmas 20 odd years ago called 'Get into Classical Music' and it was brilliant. It was really useful at identifying music we hear all the time, adverts and films etc and gave examples for other similar stuff to listen to. I've still got the book but it's very worn as I've dipped into it hundreds of times.

As for favourites; probably most things by Beethoven and Mozart. If you haven't seen Saint Saens, organ symphony live, I'd really recommend it. If you can, see it at the Bridgewater Hall and you can really appreciate the reverberations of the fantastic organ.

I'd also recommend Gorecki symphony 3 (sorrowful songs). It's absolutely fantastic.

I was back in Salt Lake in October but didn't go the concert this time. It's a stunning place with that mountain back drop. Flew to Vegas from there, only an hour flight. Plenty of fit birds from all over the world that do the tour and try too convert you. Big homeless problem in SLC.
They head there because the church donates lots of food and clothing etc. Miserable town in my opinion but some great music and great skiing

Hans Zimmer - Time (live in Prague)

@idahoblues makes sense with the homeless situation. I'd move to Montana or Jackson WY tomorrow. Stunning scenery, up there with Wythenshawe. I cant ski but can windmill on lyno.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.