Who's into Classical Music?

I got into opera about ten years ago and now am almost obsessed by it.
Went to NY for the Met opera in March last and Donna Del Largo near Lucca for the Puccini festival this summer. Next year I’m going to Carmen at La Fenice in Venice and I’ve booked for the Verona Opera festival. I’ve seen operas in Paris, Vienna and Budapest also.
I also travel to see great orchestras, performers or conductors.
Travelled from Macc to London for Rattle with the Berlin orchestra doing Mahler’s Resurrection Symphony No. 2 a few years ago.
It was an incredible evening.
We are extremely fortunate in Manchester to have access to the Bridgewater Hall and the RNCM. I regularly go into the RNCM for free lunchtime recitals.

Last edited:
I like it a lot, we have been going to the Jackson Hole symphony a couple of times a year for probably 20 years now, seen loads of great sets. My favourites always include a chorus, Beethoven’s 9th, Ravel's bolero and Carl Orff's Carmina burana were all particularly memorable

We’re season tickets holders at the Cleveland Orchestra (generally considered about the best in the US). It’s like any genre of music, there’s good, bad and indifferent stuff in there. I lean towards Baroque usually.

If you are just getting into classical, or are trying to get your kids into it then these guys are decent to listen too

The Piano guys, they have been to the bridge water a few times.

My cigarette lighter broke in my car so I can’t listen to my Apple Music anymore on the way to work. I also do not have DAB radio in my car radio so I can’t listen to BBC Radio 6 Music.

So I had a scout around a few radio stations after not listening to anything but 6Music for about a decade, and fuck me they’re absolutely dreadful. Stuck with flicking between Radio X and XS Manchester but even they’re both dreadful. I only have a 20 minute drive to and from work and in one week I heard The Happy Mondays “Step On” FIVE times!

So I’ve fucked them off for BBC Radio 3. It’s much better.

Im not particularly fond of opera at all but even that is better than hearing Muse “Starlight” eight times a week. And some of the classical stuff is nice and I’m sticking with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.