Who's the best player coming out of our Academy: Foden or Cole Palmer?

The Viking

Team supported
Man City
Both of them are easily by far & away the best Man City graduates ever. But who do you rate higher?

Palmer has 28 goals & 15 assists (2nd most G/A involvement in Europe's top 5 league since Sep 23) & has carried Chelsea since joining them. They would've most likely have been a relegation cadidate if it wasn't for Palmer.

Foden scored 18 EPL goals from 10 xG last season and won POTY award.

Though there's always been questions of the greatness of players after they've finished, this whole comparison thing seems to have taken off in the era of FIFA/EA sports and the Messi and fake Ronaldo social media love in. Personally I really don't get it and don't like it given it's a team sport.

Foden has won significantly more honours and neither of them has delivered one or more seminal moments on the world stage. So Foden's objectively the most successful but as for 'better' that's a subjective thing. It's almost impossible to say because they are playing in two very different contexts.

In practice, I really don't care either way. Football's a team sport and I support a team.

It's a legit pub / forum conversation but probably not until till they are further through or even finished their careers.

All I’m saying on this one is that if feels like the club has learnt from the Palmer situation as shown with how they are treating McAtee, Bobb and Rico. Feels like a loan period now also doesn’t mean a death sentence for coming back and playing in the first team.

That’s all we can hope for, what’s done is done and it is what it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.