Who's the greatest American band of all time?

all the posts on this thread are about fuckin guitar twangers and people who are not really vocally blessed.

Yeah I would add REM to that list for sure. Maybe not the other two (although they are ok, for me VU whilst so influential made some pretty gash music to go with their good stuff)

Id agree with that too. The other two I put more due to influence rather than personal liking as such.

When I first started getting into music, and particularly playing it, Simon and Garfunkel were up there too.

Id agree with that too. The other two I put more due to influence rather than personal liking as such.

When I first started getting into music, and particularly playing it, Simon and Garfunkel were up there too.
yeah. They sure were. Love them and many of the singer songwriters as well.

I love Kiss, one of my top three bands of all time. Going to have to suffer a trip to the Download Festival this summer to see them headline Sunday night there.

However, the greatest American band of all time is the mighty VAN HALEN mK1 i.e. not Van Hagar.

Other great American bands (well, my favourites):

Lynyrd Skynyrd
Blue Oyster Cult
The Eagles
Aerosmith
Starz
Angel
Journey
Boston
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
ZZ Top
The Doors
Motley Crue
Guns 'n' Roses
Steely Dan
The Foo Fighters
Cheap Trick
Gonna bump my own post and add Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, who I left of previously on the grounds of putting Bruce in the solo artist category but the E Street Band are up there with Tom Petty's mob and the Rolling Stones as the greatest rock n roll bands ever - a very specific use of the term rock n roll.

Gonna bump my own post and add Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, who I left of previously on the grounds of putting Bruce in the solo artist category but the E Street Band are up there with Tom Petty's mob and the Rolling Stones as the greatest rock n roll bands ever - a very specific use of the term rock n roll.
I think Bruce is also under appreciated as a guitarist. He’d probably slot right in in some band line-ups.

Manchester Orchestra
Midlake
The Brian Jonestown Massacre
Dead Kennedys
Queens of the Stoneage
Fugazi
the Black Crowes
Nirvana

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.