Who's the greatest American band of all time?

Ha ha ha Richard Dunne is my second favo(u)rite City player after Vinnie!

I do like Jackson Browne. I don’t know what it is about Seger other than I always despised Night Moves and it never got better. Same with Rod Stewart and Maggie Mae (though I liked The Faces).

To be fair The Eagles were okay until a certain point. But they annoy me for two reasons — the first is The Long Run, arguably the worst record by a “major artist” I can think of combined with it being endlessly overplayed everywhere, and the second is their cover of Seven Bridges Road which is right there with Red Red Wine and Come On Eileen as songs that will instantly cause me to stick my foot through whatever device is playing them.

But Joe Walsh solo? Love him.

You don't like Maggie Mae, oh FFS.

At least you like Joe solo.

I know everyone loves that song. And it’s grown on me over the years to be fair. But as a youngster I hated it which forced me down a “I don’t like Rod Stewart” path, and he’s never done anything interesting enough since to force me off it.

My first favourite song and special to me for a few reasons. Rodney wrote some great songs back then and was a very good in concert. Gone a bit Vegas now but I have most of his pop / rock albums.

I know everyone loves that song. And it’s grown on me over the years to be fair. But as a youngster I hated it which forced me down a “I don’t like Rod Stewart” path, and he’s never done anything interesting enough since to force me off it.
'The Killing of Georgie' was banned for a while, I thought that song was interesting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.