Why 4 quality strikers and not 4 quality centre backs?

LoveCity said:
Mad 4 It said:
Not a huge fan of T Silva, has a poor left foot.

Hummels is the ball playing centre back we need.

Thiago Silva has the best passing accuracy of any defender distributing from his own half in European football according to a stat I recently read.

That might be totally true but I would prefer Hummels and I still think he is weak on his left foot. Down to personal preference at the end of the day.. Both would be a major boost to the squad and guaranteed in our starting 11.

Hummels over Silva easily. The first one turns 24 at the end of this year and the latter 28.

Also Silva is kinda short for a CB. But fast. Hummels and Martinez would be 2 excellent signings. But expensive.

But i think City will have to look there are enough homegrown talent for the long-term aswell. Because of the rules. Can't replace all the homegrown players with foreign talent.

If we bought Martinez, I wouldn't see the point in splashing out another fortune on a defender when Martinez himself can play there very well. The club wants to be prudent in the transfer market which is why someone like Martinez (or to take a risk on homegrown, Jack Rodwell) would be a shrewd buy because he plays two positions very well.

A defence of Kompany, Martinez, Lescott, Kolo, and Rekik would be enough (Savic out on loan as he could come good yet), it isn't like our defence is struggling so much that we need to spend £50million on two new additions.

LoveCity said:
If we bought Martinez, I wouldn't see the point in splashing out another fortune on a defender when Martinez himself can play there very well. The club wants to be prudent in the transfer market which is why someone like Martinez (or to take a risk on homegrown, Jack Rodwell) would be a shrewd buy because he plays two positions very well.

A defence of Kompany, Martinez, Lescott, Kolo, and Rekik would be enough (Savic out on loan as he could come good yet), it isn't like our defence is struggling so much that we need to spend £50million on two new additions.

In another thread I recommended Kelly from Liverpool as I like him as a RB but he can also play CB, he's homegrown and young. Think a swap deal involving AJ plus cash coming our way would be a great option.

glen quagmire said:
I wouldn't change lescott and kompany for anyone, at the moment. The only thing i WOULD do is play micah and clichy either side of them EVERY league game.

Micah can't stay healthy, so that's not really possible.

I think Martinez is overrated as a defender. Matter of fact, I am certain he is overrated PERIOD on Bluemoon. He is a very good player, don't get me wrong, but he is not special. Just very solid. A Spanish Micheal Carrick if you will.

So he will help with game flow and play, but I am worried at the amount of belief so many have in what he will bring. Which really is a slightly more technical, Carrick with slighly better heading ability and drive.

Should we get him if we can? Sure, he is a very good player, but he probably is less a necessity than many believe.

Now to the OP" We have made poor purchases at the CD position: Kolo, Lescott and Savic were all poor decisions. Lescott at 24 million was just disaster of a decision. Kolo at 15 ( and not 12 as the OP listed) was also a terrible decision. Paying 15 million for a player Arsenal was benching that season was just awful, and then Mancini shelling 7 million on a defender who isn't ready is just ridiculous.

These decisions are not unique, except in one regard: We have failed to keep trying at CD, like we have at forward.

Dax777 said:
I think Martinez is overrated as a defender. Matter of fact, I am certain he is overrated PERIOD on Bluemoon. He is a very good player, don't get me wrong, but he is not special. Just very solid. A Spanish Micheal Carrick if you will.

So he will help with game flow and play, but I am worried at the amount of belief so many have in what he will bring. Which really is a slightly more technical, Carrick with slighly better heading ability and drive.

Should we get him if we can? Sure, he is a very good player, but he probably is less a necessity than many believe.

Now to the OP" We have made poor purchases at the CD position: Kolo, Lescott and Savic were all poor decisions. Lescott at 24 million was just disaster of a decision. Kolo at 15 ( and not 12 as the OP listed) was also a terrible decision. Paying 15 million for a player Arsenal was benching that season was just awful, and then Mancini shelling 7 million on a defender who isn't ready is just ridiculous.

These decisions are not unique, except in one regard: We have failed to keep trying at CD, like we have at forward.

I respect your comments re Martinez, but you did say the same thing about Mata when some were suggesting him for City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.