Why All the Abuse?

I'm in East Stand Tier 3.

The atmosphere isn't great when it's a poor game but to be honest the rest of the ground is not better in those circumstances. When the game is good and the South Stand start the singing then it does catch on up in the gods. It just annoys me that we seem to be becoming a 'sing when your winning' type of crowd, which I don't think we used to be. There again every ground seems to be going this way.

Wouldn't swap my seats though with anywhere else in the ground.

Shaysleftpeg said:
I'm sorry to have to bring this up, but over the past couple of days all I have heard from them who have got tickets is that very extremely annoyed at having to sit up with 'the Gods' on the 3rd tiers. I myself am a season ticket holder in the 3rd tier in the East Stand (Isle 307), and I go every home game with my dad, as we get a cracking view of the game, and it is far more comfortable for him.....Well this ranting has really started to annoy me and i have several things to say to them

A) If your sooo 'annoyed' with having to sit up there then don't go!!!! Sell you ticket to somebody who really wants it, as a true blue I would have taken any ticket on offer yesterday!

B) The Atmosphere up in the 'gods' I have to say is excellent, and we've got a strong singing group up there!

C) To All of those that have had a go at us season ticket holders in the 3rd tier who 'Didn't bother showing up to the earlier legs"........I've been to all our European games this season with 5 of my season tickets friends from the 3rd tier....and we've bumped around the good with no respect at all sitting low in the corners or right behind the goal.......So we're grateful to finally be back in our ST seats

And for all these reasons I am glad all those ST holders around me have been saying that they will be taking up their option on their season tickets for the Hamburg Game......Because i would Much Rather have them up there with me that the morons on here who are just going to moan....

(This is no disrespect to honest city fans who just want to say we were there)

Does any other ST holder in the 3rd tier feel this way?

I had a season ticket on level 3 , 307 block for 3 years ..... never had any problems whatsoever ...... great view , close enough to the visiting fans to grab a bit of atmosphere , decent set of lads/lasses around me .

I still buy tickets on that tier with my citycard , albeit in different blocks ...... and i've been on the 3rd tier of Colin Bell stand too ....... can't say it really bothers me.

You really do get a top view of the game from that level.

Like the OP I'm a S/T holder on East L3 and also get a bit pissed off at the jibes. As others have said the view is outstanding and though it is quiet at times that has more to do with the fact that people are dotted around a bit when it's not a full house and it isn't easy to get singing going in that kind of situation. And of course the noise travel upwards, so Levels 1 & 2 won't get the full benefit of our contribution.

And the reason level 3 was empty for UEFA home games was that we all had to move down to fill the gaps left by the part-timers on levels 1 & 2. ;-)

I sit in 111 in the singing section, but I have sat in level 3 for a lot of cup games over the years and it is a great view, much better than we get down at the bottom, you can see the whole game develop so much better

However, last time i sat up their was the last quarter final we lost at COMS against west ham, and then i had my car broken in to

so I think its bad luck me being up there, ill stick to where I am...but hopefully the atmosphere will be good everywhere against Hamburg

After being moved to the 2nd tier for the previous uefa cup ties, I for one can't wait to be back in my regular seat in block 307. Great views and good atmosphere. And we're not all coffin dodgers up there either, I myself am only 72 years old and there are plenty more chaps of a similar age up there. So give it a rest 11whatever etc. WE ARE THE 3RD TIER OF THE EAST STAND!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.