Why are England so toothless as an international team?

He has no idea what system he wants to play; he selected 4 Right-Backs in his original squad.

I actually thought that 5 at back this time made sense. Walker, Stones and Maguire played in a back three together at the World Cup and in Chilwell and James he has Wing Backs used to playing that system.

He could have a midfield that mirrors Chelsea in Rice as the deep lying midfielder, Phillips playing the Kante role and Mount playing the role that he used to in that system. Give Foden more or less a free role behind Kane and you at least have a plan.

Playing a 433 and trying to emulate City's style of play is daft as England don't have midfielders technically gifted enough to play the roles required of them. Playing as we currently are, I fear for us when come up against the bigger nations.

On a side note, Ward-Prowse and Bamford are unlucky not to be in squad. I don't know why Henderson is there as he hasn't played since February and offers very little anyway and Rashford is in worse form than Sterling.

He has no idea what system he wants to play; he selected 4 Right-Backs in his original squad.

I actually thought that 5 at back this time made sense. Walker, Stones and Maguire played in a back three together at the World Cup and in Chilwell and James he has Wing Backs used to playing that system.

He could have a midfield that mirrors Chelsea in Rice as the deep lying midfielder, Phillips playing the Kante role and Mount playing the role that he used to in that system. Give Foden more or less a free role behind Kane and you at least have a plan.

Playing a 433 and trying to emulate City's style of play is daft as England don't have midfielders technically gifted enough to play the roles required of them. Playing as we currently are, I fear for us when come up against the bigger nations.

On a side note, Ward-Prowse and Bamford are unlucky not to be in squad. I don't know why Henderson is there as he hasn't played since February and offers very little anyway and Rashford is in worse form than Sterling.
Mod's ban this guy - too sensible.

Unlucky under Sven
Woeful under mclaren
Turgid under hodgson
Unadventurous under this clown
Each side a reflection of the manager

Unlucky under Sven?

He was literally told by The FA who to pick due to their clubs and reputation

Playing Scholes as a left-winger. Playing Gerrard and Lampard together. Beckham as Captain. Taking injured players to tournaments. Playing players on reputation not form. Playing 4-4 fucking 2.

Make no mistake during his tenure that team was run by the players and The FA not him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.