Why are England so toothless as an international team?

Although I don't necessarily agree with all of the post at least give it to Gordon sounds like a genuine supporter. His emotion is with City and he's not going to get all giddy because England have managed to get deep in a tournament for once.

Many have jumped on the bandwagon and have no idea who England even have in their World Cup qualifying group. This fake love for the national side is cringeworthy from happy clappers across the country.

I imagine the hype and momentum will see England get decent support for Qatar but should England not perform well, maybe get knocked out at the round of 16 or quarter finals and play a boring brand of football, that 'support' will rapidly diminish and we'll be back to normal.

That being said, England have always been one of the most supported national sides around taking thousands all over the globe to watch them. That'll continue regardless but the parade that only start supporting when England get to a semi final will thankfully fuck off.

Can I ask what bracket you consider yourself to be? Do you go to England games? Do you watch qualifiers and friendlies? Or has Declan Rice given you a thirst for the national team?
Indeed. No matter how good or bad the team has been, no matter how annoying the band are, England fans have always been arguably the best for numbers and noise.

It was estimated that 50,000 went to Portugal in 2004 for the Croatia game. Amazing numbers. Imagine being part of that!

0CD6657E-5AF2-41B1-9F2B-E370C31B6993.jpeg

It’s why I’ll never get these people who say “all these people coming out of the woodwork who don’t even really care about England, pretending they do”… England have got great fans and fucking loads of them! It’s far and away the national sport, and we’ve got a big population.

33m football tickets were sold in the 2018-19 season across all four divisions in England. We are football mad and pretty much all of these fans, plus all the non-league fans, will be England fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed. No matter how good or bad the team has been, no matter how annoying the band are, England fans have always been arguably the best for numbers and noise.

It was estimated that 50,000 went to Portugal in 2004 for the Croatia game. Amazing numbers. Imagine being part of that!

View attachment 21102

It’s why I’ll never get these people who say “all these people coming out of the woodwork who don’t even really care about England, pretending they do”… England have got great fans and fucking loads of them! It’s far and away the national sport, and we’ve got a big population.

33m football tickets were sold in the 2018-19 season across all four divisions in England. We are football mad and pretty much all of these fans, plus all the non-league fans, will be England fans.

I've been lucky enough to see England in a few games in friendlies, qualifiers and tournaments. Huge numbers from all over the country.

Sometimes the players that put the shirt on didn't deserve such support but thousands regardless turned up regularly.

I hope for all the lads and lasses I met over those years going watching England that England deliver and they get their day in the sun because it's so deserved. Any football supporter can relate to that.

View attachment 21102

I remember South Korea and the World Cup in 2002. The number of fans that travelled and supported England was phenomenal.

If England win about 4-0 this thread should be kept in the classics to remind people like me talk bollocks.

You know I almost ALMOST posted an apology for this thread, but then I realised that the team weren't as direct as they were in the last couple of games.

Always seemed to be an extra touch or lay off.

It just reverted to the play I expected.

I will blame Southgate on the astonishing subs mess, whilst Mancini(whoo-aa-woah) was constantly making adjustments.

Weirdly even though the game finished 1-1, I feel if GS had made better use of the subs, this could have been done in extra time with the youngsters running at the tired defence. Henderson on, Henderson off?

WTF?

I blame Southgate for playing much too defensively, having the team with the highest potential in the entire tournament.

No where near as hurt as the champions league final, just feel sorry for all the poor women and innocent bystanders that are about to get leathered.

I blame Southgate for playing much too defensively, having the team with the highest potential in the entire tournament.

Yep. Plays defensive, hopes to shithouse a goal and then hang on. Some people may be happy with that and say the results are all that matters but I'm not. A better manager builds the team around players like Foden and Grealish and goes for the win. Not play 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.