Why are England so toothless as an international team?

Compare to Roberto Mancini with his personal and professional approach to managing Italy.

England have team suits yet Southgate dresses as a scruff setting no example nor exhibiting any leadership qualities in his actions or words. To hear him and see his management style is akin to watching a poor schoolboy team coach.

Southgate is an FA poodle and mediocracy personified.
Get Mancini as the next England manager, allow him free reign, let him upset the establishment, watch him get talented players playing like legends, watch him win us a major tournament before said establishment sack him after he upsets one person too many and love him forever.

He did at city and clearly after watching him strut his stuff for Italy he can do it for England.

Its a combination of a useless manager and players who are nowhere near as good as they are talked up by the press.
the midfield is absolute rank and we have to resort to long ball over and over becuase the manager cant coach and the selected midfield isnt good enough to play possession.

also, southgate shits it and this flows tbrough to some of the team who played scared

Passion, as a nation we are not the most passionate when it comes to the national team.

For most of us club football is No1, and I think most players feel the same.

Watching the national anthems at the start of a game and the players reaction to them says so much.

"Scholes on the left" is a cliche not really based on reality. He never had the best disciplinary record so playing him in the engine room instead of other players who less likely to lose their head would have been a mistake. At that stage of his career he was also better further forward and hadn't yet developed into the regista (a transition partly due to waning fitness issues) most people remember him as.

Do people look back and make the same
Argument about David Silva's position for Spain or his early city career?

As I said, he was played on the left at times by Sven, and your article shows that with the stat of 7 times in 34 appearances (or 20% of the time) for the best passer of the ball of his generation of England players.

It’s definitely based on reality.

Why do we expect the FA to pick the right manager ? When they build the Wembley the wrong way round ?

All pitches should play along the north and south axis, so the sun goes across the pitch and doesnt get in players eyes !
Wembley one team is always blinded my playing inti the sun !. Because the pitch is build along the east, west axis. You are taught that a NVQ level 2 !

Sure a basice 'rule' yet our national football association couldnt get the pitch right what chsnce of employing the right manager ?

Why do we expect the FA to pick the right manager ? When they build the Wembley the wrong way round ?

All pitches should play along the north and south axis, so the sun goes across the pitch and doesnt get in players eyes !
Wembley one team is always blinded my playing inti the sun !. Because the pitch is build along the east, west axis. You are taught that a NVQ level 2 !

Sure a basice 'rule' yet our national football association couldnt get the pitch right what chsnce of employing the right manager ?
What do you expect from old men in blazers who think the world owes them a living.

The FA is not fit for purpose, a joke, it needs extensive rebuilding, especially at regional level.

It needs serious modernisation and to come into the 21st century.

What do you expect from old men in blazers who think the world owes them a living.

The FA is not fit for purpose, a joke, it needs extensive rebuilding, especially at regional level.

It needs serious modernisation and to come into the 21st century.

Don't get me going on regional level ! Kent FA banned me for 4 years from football on jumped up/ made up charges. Took The FA 12 months to sort it out and order Kent FA to rescind all they made up charges. Even had to threaten to throw Kent FA out of the FA if the micky mouse youth league didnt allow me back into coaching.

Don't get me going on regional level ! Kent FA banned me for 4 years from football on jumped up/ made up charges. Took The FA 12 months to order Kent FA to rescind all they made up charges. Even had to threaten to throw Kent FA out of the FA if the micky mouse youth league didnt allow me back into coaching.
And I could imagine the people that banned you were old men with grey hair, 3 lions badged blazers and pissed stained pants.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.