Why are England so toothless as an international team?

Back to England ! England needs a manager who picks players that suit the system he is going to play. Not to pick the 11 best players and hope with all they different styles at club level it works !.

Kane shouldnt start the next match either he is unfit or cant perform at the top level. ( he never has )
Sterling another who is struggling form form but is trying really hard so 50/50 for me.
Rashford shouldnt be anywhere near the squad, awful player.
Maguire is unfit shouldnt be in the squad.

Foden plays on Citys left so southgate plays him on the right. Just pick a right winger and dont play Phil or drop Sterling and play Phil on the left.

Stop shoe horning players into the team. Play players in there strongest positions.

Its abit comically that Foden keeps Sterling out of Citys team. Yet at England its Foden who has to play out of position to get Sterling into the England team lol.

Who would have thought southgate knows better than Pep !

Last edited:
Back to England ! England needs a manager who picks players that suit the system he is going to play. Not to pick the 11 best players and hope with all they different styles at club level it works !.

Kane shouldnt start the next match either he is unfit or cant perform at the top level. ( he never has )
Sterling another who is struggling form form but is trying really hard so 50/50 for me.
Rashford shouldnt be anywhere near the squad, awful player.
Maguire is unfit shouldnt be in the squad.

Foden plays on Citys left so southgate plays him on the right. Just pick a right winger and dont play Phil or drop Sterling and play Phil on the left.

Stop shoe horning players into the team. Play players in there strongest positions.

Its abit comically that Foden keeps Sterling out of Citys team. Yet at England its Foden who has to play out of position to get Sterling into the England team lol.
We need to appoint a proper manager to start with.

Anyway, we'll scrape home against CzRep on Tuesday and everything in the garden will be lovely again, according to the media, Everyone will get an 8 or 9 rating (called "the halo effect", I believe).

Remember how we staggered through somehow in the 2018 WC and everyone wrote how magnificently England had performed, Southgate was a tactical genius and the team would only get better and probably go on to win the Euros

You produce good players. You also produce players who are labelled world class who just aren't. If you convince yourself you have a team of world class players, your expectations are very high. World class players deliver when it matters. The fact you never seem to shows you they ain't. You also have problems finding your best selection. I couldn't believe Foden got taken off, maybe play him and Greelish? Kane is a fucking man down for England. Simple as that. If Waisty gets a balance you will improve, but not to win it. That's as daft as me thinking we could make the Semis. You're just not good enough. After the Croat game, I couldn't believe how that performance was getting talked up. It was tedious, slow, lacked real pace and incisive movement. He needs to change it, like Clarke had to. He thought we played well on Monday, we didn't. Southgate needs a performance against the Czechs. That means changes. He makes them or he's toast..
He ain't toast though. Even if he burns it, the FA have him in place for the next World Cup and beyond

Get Mancini as the next England manager, allow him free reign, let him upset the establishment, watch him get talented players playing like legends, watch him win us a major tournament before said establishment sack him after he upsets one person too many and love him forever.

He did at city and clearly after watching him strut his stuff for Italy he can do it for England.
Great post totally agree..apart England to win it I’d rather nothing love anything more to to see Bobby manc to watch his team lift the trophy at of places Wembley where he was sadly left with our memories.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.