Why are England so toothless as an international team?

Back to England ! England needs a manager who picks players that suit the system he is going to play. Not to pick the 11 best players and hope with all they different styles at club level it works !.

Kane shouldnt start the next match either he is unfit or cant perform at the top level. ( he never has )
Sterling another who is struggling form form but is trying really hard so 50/50 for me.
Rashford shouldnt be anywhere near the squad, awful player.
Maguire is unfit shouldnt be in the squad.

Foden plays on Citys left so southgate plays him on the right. Just pick a right winger and dont play Phil or drop Sterling and play Phil on the left.

Stop shoe horning players into the team. Play players in there strongest positions.

Its abit comically that Foden keeps Sterling out of Citys team. Yet at England its Foden who has to play out of position to get Sterling into the England team lol.

Who would have thought southgate knows better than Pep !
It’s pissing me off seeing Foden on the right.

Mahrez got substituted for Jesus in the 73rd minute at Anfield so Foden went out on the right for the final 17 minutes, and that 17 minutes are the only time that Foden has ever played on the right in his entire 124 game club career so far.

He’s been a revelation on the left for City. I couldn’t name a better left forward in Europe this season.

Yet Southgate keeps playing him on the right for England. Why?!

Lol “this prick”.

Arguably the best English striker of the last 50 years. If his ankles hold up he’ll smash all goal scoring records whilst playing for a non elite team. Sergio aside he’s better than any striker we’ve ever had,

Yeah, 'that prick'. He's not gonna shag you mate x

Mahrez got substituted for Jesus in the 73rd minute at Anfield so Foden went out on the right for the final 17 minutes, and that 17 minutes are the only time that Foden has ever played on the right in his entire 124 game club career so far.

He’s been a revelation on the left for City. I couldn’t name a better left forward in Europe this season.

Initially I thought is was to accommodate Sterling, or because he wanted to play inverted wingers, but when he brought Grealish on, he shunted Sterling to the right. So it can't be that.

Well to win matches we need to get the ball up to the striker(s).

Because 7 players (including Pickford) are more or less stuck in the defensive third, there isn't much of a link through m/f to feed Kane (or whoever).

The main striker should be able to keep pace with his wingers and have explosive pace in the 18yd box. Does Kane have that ability?

England has a robust defence and doesn't require 2 d/ms. It does require a tricky a/m always looking to play or take the ball forward (Foden?), or play out to the wings.

A certain pundit criticised Stones for not finding the net, I suggest that Stones probably shouldn't have been in that position to start with.
His attempt, for a centre half, was a good one and he has clearly learnt things from VK. Fair play to JS for showing some initiative.

In a nutshell, England need to play more on the front foot and let the defence look after itself.

Shoe horning Sterling in.

rooney saying its all manchester city fault hahahahah

I would love to see Shreks original notes on that article... I bet the thick granny shagging rug headed **** used different coloured crayons to write it.

Games at International level in midfield are won and lost in midfield.

At the moment we're easy to play against, stop Foden and Sterling (or any of our wide players) and you stop England as there is no creativity in the middle, Kane is being hammered for his performances but he has to continually drop deeper into midfield to create on his own and with Foden and Sterling often being double teamed he's frustrated.

I understand the fans clamour for Grealish as other than Foden, he's our only other creative player in the squad. We're desperate for a David Silva type skill set, someone to be able to take a touch and spin away from their man into space. For someone that Stones and Walker are be able to play the ball to with confidence.

Look at the central midfielders in the squad; Rice, Phillips, Henderson, Bellingham, Mount none of them have the ability to do that. our only options is for Foden to drop into the middle or Grealish comes in.

I don't think Southgate has it in him to make that decision, his substitutions v Scotland were just daft, replacing like for like and keeping on an out of form Sterling and bringing on an out of form Rashford.

My overall take is that Southgate wants to play a Pep style possession based game but he's trying to do that with a Klopp style midfield.

Bad team selection is just a trait of England managers. Sven had arguably our greatest ever squad and still messed up team selections again and again. For me, that is the most annoying period of English football as we should have won the World Cup in 2002.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.