Why are we being linked with mid level signings?

richards30 said:
Marvin said:
richards30 said:
are Chelsea bigger than us?? really? and the future we are building?? they just pay the money! we`ve lost out on hazard and now isco purely down to agents fees. its wrong I know that they ask/get this money but we are missing out on the best young players in Europe!
City spent the most in agents fees for 2 seasons running, and we've just spent £40m on two players this Summer.

Screaming kids in sweet shops come to mind

old fuddy duddy springs to mind!! small minded attitude and people cant keep bringing up the good old days when we had nothing as its a pointless argument! the board want us to be one off the biggest clubs in the world and that means you need the biggest players marv! in the last 2 champions league seasons we were mullered by Dortmund twice, in Madrid we could have been 5 down at half time but for joe, Napoli battered us twice and even ajax taught us a lesson! at some point we have to take the plunge on certain players. I will always be grateful to the owner for saving the club and the players that we have but players like isco and cavani would have lifted us to a higher level and with Mario gone and carlos now as well plus the other players like bridge, roque and kolo gone then there should be money available to sort something out. not every post about this is from spoilt kids, remember years ago a house would cost £20,000? now they are £200,000-400,000 for a decent one? times change mate and if we want to be the best then there are only certain players who will make us the best and isco and cavani would have made us a hell off a lot better.

Dortmund, Napoli and Ajax are hardly famed for there big money signings which would point to a different issue rather than the fact we are not spending enough money, like Mancini was way out of his depth at that level

richards30 said:
Marvin said:
richards30 said:
are Chelsea bigger than us?? really? and the future we are building?? they just pay the money! we`ve lost out on hazard and now isco purely down to agents fees. its wrong I know that they ask/get this money but we are missing out on the best young players in Europe!
City spent the most in agents fees for 2 seasons running, and we've just spent £40m on two players this Summer.

old fuddy duddy springs to mind!! small minded attitude and people cant keep bringing up the good old days when we had nothing as its a pointless argument! the board want us to be one off the biggest clubs in the world and that means you need the biggest players marv! in the last 2 champions league seasons we were mullered by Dortmund twice, in Madrid we could have been 5 down at half time but for joe, Napoli battered us twice and even ajax taught us a lesson! at some point we have to take the plunge on certain players. I will always be grateful to the owner for saving the club and the players that we have but players like isco and cavani would have lifted us to a higher level and with Mario gone and carlos now as well plus the other players like bridge, roque and kolo gone then there should be money available to sort something out. not every post about this is from spoilt kids, remember years ago a house would cost £20,000? now they are £200,000-400,000 for a decent one? times change mate and if we want to be the best then there are only certain players who will make us the best and isco and cavani would have made us a hell off a lot better.
Are they?! For £400k I would be expecting more than 'decent', if you are comparing it to a £20,000 house years ago!

But you can't say for sure if Isco ever wanted to come to City, you can't just assume and because he has gone to Real the club have fucked up.

The same with Cavani, the official tale is that what we bid was rejected and that may be true but for all we know he doesn't want to come to England at all.

By all accounts he wants to go to Real so has the club fucked up or does Cavani just have feelings and emotions and so can do whatever he wants.

I don't buy into the oh if we had paid his release clause before Real it would have been OK. Unless you were involved in the negotiations directly for all we know Isco was all along using City to leverage a move to Real. If he wanted it as much as some think then he could have made it happen.

Pigeonho said:
richards30 said:
charliebigspuds said:
its because the real top level signings are also being chased by the biggest clubs in the world and we're not big enough to compete with them yet

11 trophies in 10 years under Red Rom, they are a huge club and will attract players ahead of us, under certain circumstances. To say they 'only pay the money', well what have we been doing? Chelsea and us are of the same size at this moment in time. Who knows in the future though?

we are a much bigger club than Chelsea but I agree they are ahead of us at this time. they got their money earlier and spent it quickly and purposely in order to collect the trophies to jettison them to the top table. of course there was no FFP back then, that only came about when we got rich (how odd?). Chelsea also have the London factor.

now we can't turn back time and we can't move London up here but what we can do is compete financially. the crux of this though is I've said, get in early and the fucking deals done. last season whilst we were fucking about with hazard Chelsea fluked the CL, off he went. should have been done weeks before Chelsea had achieved that status.

Pigeonho said:
richards30 said:
Marvin said:

Are they?! For £400k I would be expecting more than 'decent', if you are comparing it to a £20,000 house years ago!

you should live here in the isle of man mate! a 2 bedroom bog standard flat is £120,000-160,000.

Got my fingers crossed my ignorance will come to the fore, I can admit I had not heard very much about Isco and only a little of Cavani before the last few months, so hoping perhaps there is a another out there that can fill Tevez boots and some more, but I really can't think of many that are available at all? so come on Pelle make a signing out of the blue.

I also have some concerns after selling Balotelli, Mancini always wanted 4 players for each position, now we sold Tevez, should we be looking for 2 new strikers? or bring Guidetti through into the squad??

BoyBlue_1985 said:
richards30 said:
Marvin said:

Dortmund, Napoli and Ajax are hardly famed for there big money signings which would point to a different issue rather than the fact we are not spending enough money, like Mancini was way out of his depth at that level

JCL ****. How dare you say such about Roberto 'son of god' Mancini.

SWP's back said:
Ducado said:
mcfc2607 said:
bit early for a fishing trip dont you think.
Yes but the early worm catches the most fish
Anyone else would get a warning for wumming.

It's a joke.

ha ha, what the fuck are you doing in this forum? get back downstairs you know nothing about football or its working.

watch the developments Sam.

de niro said:
SWP's back said:
Ducado said:
Yes but the early worm catches the most fish
Anyone else would get a warning for wumming.

It's a joke.

ha ha, what the fuck are you doing in this forum? get back downstairs you know nothing about football or its working.

watch the developments Sam.
That sounds like you know something.........Giz some info DN, give it hardcore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.