Why are we so suspect to counter attacks?

Defend to high all the time. Defend the box and spread the play and exploit the space with our skill.

We try to stretch the game wide to break down teams, they now play narrow and stretch the game by length (Spurs today) their defensive solidity nullifies us and their breakaways (playing on gaps created by playing narrow and lengthening the pitch) catch us out

its only a problem when you don't win ?

football is a team sport and if parts of the defence team slips up then your team mates also are to blame
strikers score goals ? keepers saves shots ? the defence defend ? midfield create ?

its a simple game ? get ball in the net more than the team ? so if part of the team mess up somebody else from the team can step up and change the result ? win as a team. lose as a team

But we played like this for two years when we was brilliant and we get them out. We don’t seem too press like we used too. Not sure if it’s fitness or they can’t be arsed
Today's first half we played like we did for 2 years, BUT we were already behind due to what I posted, unlucky with the VAR none goal, I thought we had a good first 45 minutes apart from 2 bits of defending (fortunate with 1), but we have to score, 3 times a goal bound shot was blocked by one of our players.

Second half we were just shite, simple as that.

can I just reiterate that Fern is one of my favourite players and that this was a positive post. However, he has to be one of the best ever players at bending the rules on breaking up an attack. He is wonderful at it.
Intelligence in abundance, his brain makes up for anything he lacks. A leader, a master of putting out fires. The ideal DM.

or Rodri? Slow, laboured, clueless headless chicken.

Our players are too slow.

Half time i called it,and i bet 45,000 other City fans did.

I said this game had "Us having 60 % + possession and losing 2,3,- 0 to 2,3,quick counters.

Yet our World class manager plays exactly the same way against Spurs,as we did last season.and lost exactly the same way.

Defies belief that he is incapable of playing any other way.

On what i have seen so far.i think we are going to lose a lot of games this season to sides in the top 10,who will set up against us the same way.

We are way too slow,and way too predictable.

And it is getting worse.

But we played like this for two years when we was brilliant and we get them out. We don’t seem too press like we used too. Not sure if it’s fitness or they can’t be arsed
It’s personnel, if Rodri pressed he’d have even less chance of getting back than he does already. Add in Mahrez who was never that type of player and even Raz who doesn’t track back these days then then the press these days is half hearted at best

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.