Why are we so suspect to counter attacks?

It's nothing to do with players, it's the way Pep asks players to play. CB's 55-60 yards from our goal, DM even further up, one wrong pass and you are done with teams like Wolves, Leicester, Spurs.
I once posted in Koulibaly transfer thread, no matter how good CB is he would suffer with Pep's way of playing once his attacking and MF players start spraying bad passes and losing the ball in pockets.

He asked them to play that way during two of the greatest seasons by a club in the history of English football.

It's nothing to do with players, it's the way Pep asks players to play. CB's 55-60 yards from our goal, DM even further up, one wrong pass and you are done with teams like Wolves, Leicester, Spurs.
I once posted in Koulibaly transfer thread, no matter how good CB is he would suffer with Pep's way of playing once his attacking and MF players start spraying bad passes and losing the ball in pockets.
But that tactic of CBs 55-60 yards from our goal, DM even further up, works when you have really decent players in midfield and attack who keep the ball really well in the final third and press really well when they do lose it.

We don’t!

I think Pep Txiki, and us as a fans, have got our heads up our arses with regards to the quality we think we have in midfield and attack.

This collection of midfielders and attackers is nowhere bloody near as good as it was or we think it is, or good enough!

The current players’ ball retention and pressing high up the pitch, is bordering on disgraceful! Lots of nice passing everywhere else but as soon as we get in and around the box, everything breaks down. That’s where we used to be utterly damaging, and ruthless at winning it back!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.