Why are we so suspect to counter attacks?

Because we play a high line. Our defensive isn’t switched on enough. And We are tactically poor playing the high line and off side trap.

Ederson Rodri have their weaknesses.

This is not it. They are playing their normal games. Ederson is in the side not because he's a great shot stopper but because his distribution is unrivalled. He always makes the odd error. Ederson and Rodri have always been like this.

City's offensive game is the issue at the moment.

Because we play a high line. Our defensive isn’t switched on enough. And We are tactically poor playing the high line and off side trap.
We've been like this for years. We play high risk football but if you're offensive game is powder puff then what chance do you have

The game is up I am afraid to say. The era is over

Happened on Pep's watch too because he hasn't seen it and he's allowed this to develop.

We've been like this for years. We play high risk football but if you're offensive game is powder puff then what chance do you have

The game is up I am afraid to say. The era is over

Happened on Pep's watch too because he hasn't seen it and he's allowed this to develop.

It’s a cliche but it’s true, Football is cyclical. Pep is one of the smartest managers out there. He will fix this. Just have to accept this season is transitional I’m afraid.

The best (and most honourable) cheat in the business is 35 and injured so unable to break up the play by illegally stoping the break 16 times per game whilst somehow looking innocent yet ever so serious whilst still never get carded.
This is the last ditch response. By the time the opposition have mounted a counter we are usually two or three goals to the good so they are not gonna race 70 yards, bust a gut, pull a hammy, to score, but when yer getting battered but it's still 0-0 they will tear-arse up the pitch, and just how many times in ten games would the cheating, but apologetic Son actually nutmeg Eddie, or even one of our defenders get across and block the shot, similar to a Bournemouth, Burnley, Fulham, Baggies defender would do to Gabby, or Raheem?

Rodri is not 10% of peak Fernandinho.

He is like a Donkey in Work Boots.

He also hates passing forward.Which is kind of detrimental to our attacking game.At least Gundogan passes forward.

We will eventually sell him to a mid table Spanish side at a heavy loss.

I predict he will be the fist player binned after Pep leaves.

I’ve said this before in other threads got pelters but I honestly think peps way of playing has been found out and he either evolves or gets left behind. Football is cyclical and the German way of high press high energy with big powerful players is the way most successful teams now play and that has always been Peps kryptonite (see his record v Kloop)

Teams are also having more success against us because teams now don’t just win the ball back then lump it forward to the big man they are happy to play through our very ordinary press and open us up and exploit the spaces we leave behind.

whilst I don’t think Rodri is the answer I don’t think it’s a simple as we do not have Fernandinho as when we previously played gundogan in the holding midfield role in that title run in we still won every game.

Our problems can be fixed in the exact same way but further up the pitch by changing our wingers and defensive midfielder.

I don’t think any of Mahrez Sterling or Rodri are good enough to be the future leading names at our club in their positions. It’s time for a complete freshen up in these positions.

As well as the most glaring one, obviously, in who will replace Agüero.

We need a right good fucking shake up in this team. Surprise everyone, doesn’t matter how good any of them have been, doesn’t matter how many good games or goals they’ve scored for us in the past, we need a good fucking shake up!

Sometimes people don’t look at the living room in their house hard enough and they don’t realise that it’s time it was redecorated. They think there’s nothing wrong with it, but when they actually look at it properly, it dawns on them. That’s what our midfield and attack needs, a good redecoration!

Yes, there is a lot of room for improvement, but I still believe if the current group of players (including the manager) can pick up form and play to their potential (specifically B. Silva, Sterling, KDB and Mahrez) and get Aguero fit, we are capable of winning the title this season (given the injuries to Liverpool). We are under-performing and that is more concerning than the transfers.

It’s a cliche but it’s true, Football is cyclical. Pep is one of the smartest managers out there. He will fix this. Just have to accept this season is transitional I’m afraid.
Can we accept another transitional season though? This is peps 5th year here and so far he’s had two amazing years, two poor ones and started poor again this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.