Why are we so suspect to counter attacks?

They showed a graphic on Sky at half time of both teams "average position" on the pitch, all of spurs were in their own half, other than Dias and Laporte all our were in their half, and those 2 were pretty much on the half way line, when you play that way, you're one shoddy pass/mistake from a one on one with your keeper.

It's actually quite simple to see why.
And therein lies the problem. I said this in the post match thread yesterday. When we attack everyone attacks and our deepest players, usually the centre backs are close to the halfway line. Everyone else is deep into the opposition half and when we lose possession (which we are doing with alarming regularity at the moment) its the easiest thing in the world for the opposition to lob one over the top into space or move the ball quickly along the ground. If the opposition have fast forwards, such as Son or the Dipper front three we are in trouble.

Its not normally such an issue as we are scoring loads of goals. At the moment we are firing blanks so the issue is highlighted.

It's nothing to do with players, it's the way Pep asks players to play. CB's 55-60 yards from our goal, DM even further up, one wrong pass and you are done with teams like Wolves, Leicester, Spurs.
I once posted in Koulibaly transfer thread, no matter how good CB is he would suffer with Pep's way of playing once his attacking and MF players start spraying bad passes and losing the ball in pockets.

It's a high risk tactic that has it's rewards.

Unfortunately, we just don't seem to be able to take advantage, as we're not clicking in the final third.

The fact we are officiated to a different set of standards is likely a contributory factor as to why we aren't quite on it in the final third. We just aren't good enough at the moment to negate sh*t/corrupt refereeing.

If gundo played yesterday instead of Bernardo so we had an extra player in the middle who knew how to defend, we wouldn't have conceded either of the goals yesterday.

What did Einstein say "The definition of insanity is making the same mistakes over and over again and expecting a different outcome"
1606054797861.jpeg
Spurs Away (Twice)
Ickle Ole's United (Tree times)
Arsenal (FA Cup)
Wolves, Leicester, Southampton etc etc etc etc

What was last season then?
The start of the downfall. You can’t straight go from one of the best to an immediate transitional period. need to fall first.

And whilst last season was disappointing, it wasn’t a failure. Anyone who thinks it was is being unrealistic.

This season will be our worse yet but I still feel Pep will bounce back.

The start of the downfall. You can’t straight go from one of the best to an immediate transitional period. need to fall first.

And whilst last season was disappointing, it wasn’t a failure. Anyone who thinks it was is being unrealistic.

This season will be our worse yet but I still feel Pep will bounce back.
I’d say the reigning champions being out of the title race before Christmas and losing highly winnable ties in the FA Cup and Champions League in an identically predictable manner was a failure.
We were a coat of paint on the crossbar from going into a shootout in the Carabao final against a team who only escaped relegation due to a VAR/Hawkeye blunder.
He might bounce back or he might continue to decline into late period Wenger. Both are just as likely on current evidence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.