Why Arteta but not Vieira?

Southern

Vieira has experience as a manager but Arteta has none. Vieira has been coaching for much longer. I can see why he is p***** off.

How have Arsenal decided Arteta will be better? Or see they using different criteria than most of us?

http://www.skysports.com/amp/footba...-arsenal-after-being-contacted-by-former-club

The former Arsenal captain, who made 406 appearances for the Gunners during a nine-year spell in north London, has been touted as a possible successor to Arsene Wenger, who stepped down from his role at the end of the season after 22 years in charge.

However, Sky Sports News understands Manchester City assistant coach Mikel Arteta is now the favourite for the role.

Vieira, who is currently head coach of MLS side New York City FC, was left disappointed after speaking with the c
lub and feels the call was merely a token gesture to one of their former players.”

Vieira has experience as a manager but Arteta has none. Vieira has been coaching for much longer. I can see why he is p***** off.

How have Arsenal decided Arteta will be better? Or see they using different criteria than most of us?

http://www.skysports.com/amp/footba...-arsenal-after-being-contacted-by-former-club

The former Arsenal captain, who made 406 appearances for the Gunners during a nine-year spell in north London, has been touted as a possible successor to Arsene Wenger, who stepped down from his role at the end of the season after 22 years in charge.

However, Sky Sports News understands Manchester City assistant coach Mikel Arteta is now the favourite for the role.

Vieira, who is currently head coach of MLS side New York City FC, was left disappointed after speaking with the c
lub and feels the call was merely a token gesture to one of their former players.”
Probably trying to pick he's brains about pep how he trains etc

Arteta has had 2 years with pep and pep is lauding him to high heaven Arsenal think they are getting a pep mark 2.

Nothing I've seen from Vieira as either our EDS manager or at NYC has made me think he'll be a top manager. He's only even in the conversation because who he was as a player. Arteta on the other hand has done nothing as a manager but has apparently forged himself a great reputation for his coaching work, presumably the people in these circles know more about what he's been doing and are raving about him.

I know a bird in the hand is worth two at the bar etc but I really don't understand Arteta's logic in considering the Arsenal job.
There's some serious rebuilding to be done there - and it will need to be done with very little money (relatively speaking) to the satisfaction of a largely petulant fan base.
As much, as we all hope otherwise, there is nothing in Pep's track record to suggest that he will be staying on for more than another say, three years. When that sad day arrives, Arteta would surely be a very strong candidate for the job here. He'd be taking over a remarkable side, many of whom would be atthat peak of their powers. Sure, there'd be a rebuild to be done here too - but, crucially, it will most likely be done from a position of strength. At worst, he'd be a shoo in to retain the no. 2 spot or would still have the same sort of opportunities available to him elsewhere as Arsenal are offering today.
I know which position I would rather inherit.

Of Artera gets offered the job he just has to take it because what will it say about him Turning down a job of a top 6 team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.