Why can't we score?

Some interesting stats from the season 2016/17.

We have the lowest shot at goal ratio (46,7%). Too many going wide...
Compared to Everton we did need 43 more shots to score 3 more goals. :-/
Look at Utd, if they had more than big nose...

Shots: .........next to the goal ..... at the goal .....Shots .....Goals ....... Ratio

Arsenal.......... 137 (50,4 %) ........135 (49,6 %) ...... 272 ........56 ...........20,6 %

Chelsea......... 141 (49,0 %) ........147 (51,0 %) .......288 ........59 ...........20,5 %

Liverpool ........134 (43,1 %) ........177 (56,9 %) .......311 ........61 ..........19,6 %

Everton ..........113 (43,0 %) ........150 (57,0 %) .......263 ........51 ..........19,4 %

Man City ........163 (53,3 %) ........143 (46,7 %) .......306 ........54 ..........17,6 %

Spurs ..............167 (48,3 %) ........179 (51,7 %) .......346 ........55 ..........15,9 %

United ............ 156 (47,9 %) ........170 (52,1 %) .......326 ........42 ..........12,9 %

Source: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/chancenverwertung/wettbewerb/GB1/saison_id/2016/plus/1

Answering the question why somebody isn't successful although he should in terms of skills, is a bit complex.
Dunno what City is doing in terms of mental coaching.

Sometimes small changes can have a huge effect.
Maybe the international break is even helpful now.

Silva's poor finishing has been a constant in our best seasons and worst. That's not what has changed

Anecdotally I think we are creating more chances than ever. I am sure that is the case

I wouldn't worry about this in the long term. Why?

1) KDB. He'll get his shooting boots back. He's just having a dip in form
2) Sane will weigh in with a few as he settles in. There's more to come there
3) Jesus. It was a goal a game whilst he was playing and I think his pace really frightens opponents that will benefit those around him.

if we can sort the goalscoring out that takes the pressure off the defending. if you're leading it's so much easier to play, and you don't have to go chasing a game taking risks etc. the heavy defeats at leciester/everton were down to city gambling and throwing the numbers forward that we wouldn't normally do.

When the players warm up before the match at family stand prior to home games , when they have their shooting practice , i have never seen as many miss and end up in the stand as i have this season, really need boots on right feet

He has an end product either in terms of shot or cross that is way better than what we had / have. Stoke was a bad game all round but that game excepted he has been outstanding. he's been flying ever since the Arsenal game.

When this season is over, I think we'll look back and see that we have bought in 3 outstanding players: Stones, Sane and Jesus. That will be comparable to the Cook days and it's going to set us up again.
4 - Gündogan

We might also remember we never play 442 anymore. We start with Aguero and sometimes we might bring Kelechi on for 10 minutes. But we hardly ever start both of them and they don't have the opportunity to really develop a rapport. On the rare occasions they both do play, they are usually miles away from one another. Pellegrini played 442 for most of his first 2 seasons, and although that led to is losing the battle in midfield too often, it did give defences more to worry about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.