Why can't yanks use a knife and fork?

Wrong hands and they put down the knife when using the fork,looks cack handed
I never understood 'wrong hands'. Why does it make a difference? I remember when i was in primary school many, many moons ago, the head teacher used to walk around as you were having lunch and check how you were eating your food, for some fucking weird reason. I had my knife and fork the 'wrong way' round, she said "have you never been taught manners at home?'. I replied no, its part of my religion to feed yourself with the right hand only (it is). She still made me switch it, as it was bad manners apparently. Absolute rubbish.

Whenever I see one of our ex colonists using a knife and fork, it's just pathetic, were they never taught how to hold a knife and fork. Most do not even know which goes in the correct hand?

Let it go, mate. All good things eventually come to an end.

to-be-the-man-you-gotta-beat-the-man-whoooo.jpg

I'm not sure how true this is but I was told that historically knife making is a skill that was in short supply in the early years of the US so it was common for Americans to share knives, thus as most people are right handed it is logical to then use your fork after cutting with your righthand

I'm not sure how true this is but I was told that historically knife making is a skill that was in short supply in the early years of the US so it was common for Americans to share knives, thus as most people are right handed it is logical to then use your fork after cutting with your righthand
I think that shortage passed in 1807, I think it was Febuary, a Tuesday, around tea time. Which was handy. Pandamonium as you can imagine. They all started stabbing each other. And have kept that up ever since.

I think that shortage passed in 1807, I think it was Febuary, a Tuesday, around tea time. Which was handy. Pandamonium as you can imagine. They all started stabbing each other. And have kept that up ever since.
We were trying to copy the sweaties

Whenever I see one of our ex colonists using a knife and fork, it's just pathetic, were they never taught how to hold a knife and fork. Most do not even know which goes in the correct hand?

Funnily enough I saw a short youtube video on this topic about a month ago.

The American use of forks is highlighted about 6 minutes in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.