Why do England rugby fans sing slave song Swing Low, Sweet Chariot?

Fred_Quimby

As usual the good old BBC not done any sort of research. I have never played the game but I used to follow the rugby team of the units I was posted to during the 60's and this was a very popular drinking song, with (in)appropriate gestures to the words. So it is not surprising that it is sung at England games.

As usual the good old BBC not done any sort of research. I have never played the game but I used to follow the rugby team of the units I was posted to during the 60's and this was a very popular drinking song, with (in)appropriate gestures to the words. So it is not surprising that it is sung at England games.

The BBC always have a race baiting article every day, there isn't a way to make sense of anything they write it's all rubbish, the sate of UK journalism IMO is at an all time low

I was taught the rugby version of Swing Low by an ex RAF guy when traveling to away matches back in the 1970s. Very funny and gave us and some of the pubs we visited a lot of laughs. And he also taught us the rugby version of Old MacDonald Had A Farm. Also very funny.
Ask Sid C. He was there as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.