Why do they have to be 'world class'??

FORZA CITY said:
To be fair, people on here are more concerned with household names than players that will actually benefit us at the moment. Is all about who the sad ***** want on the back of their shirt. What people don't realise is that success won't happen over night.

to be honest it's mainly the household names that are being linked with big stories and pictures in the press

that's what sells papers and that what people are interested in - I'm interested in the big signings and the little ones too ....... If a player can improve the team and squad I'm very interested.

At the end of the day I think most if not all realise that it will take time but it could be a lot quicker if we can get the BIG players now rather than signing 2 or 3 players in sequence before we get a big one

Finally why do you have to insult people all the time just because they want to have a bit of a dream or they have a different option than your doom and gloom out look.

If your entitled to your opinion why can't other be entitled to theirs

nickson71 said:
FORZA CITY said:
To be fair, people on here are more concerned with household names than players that will actually benefit us at the moment. Is all about who the sad ***** want on the back of their shirt. What people don't realise is that success won't happen over night.

to be honest it's mainly the household names that are being linked with big stories and pictures in the press

that's what sells papers and that what people are interested in - I'm interested in the big signings and the little ones too ....... If a player can improve the team and squad I'm very interested.

At the end of the day I think most if not all realise that it will take time but it could be a lot quicker if we can get the BIG players now rather than signing 2 or 3 players in sequence before we get a big one

Finally why do you have to insult people all the time just because they want to have a bit of a dream or they have a different option than your doom and gloom out look.

So now realism is the same as doom and gloom is it? Apologies if you have been insulted mate but it is only an internet forum.

FORZA CITY said:
nickson71 said:
FORZA CITY said:

So now realism is the same as doom and gloom is it? Apologies if you have been insulted mate but it is only an internet forum.

no problem ......... I hope my realism come true and we'll both be happy

I think that if we throw enough money around we may be able to get one big signing ........ we got one it on the last day of the summer window, our owners how have over 30 days to repeat the process

If not I guess the rest of my thinking is similar to yours maybe I just like to dream a little

I guess one of us will be right come 3rd Feb

i agree totally. world class tends to lead to unrest when the going
gets tough. zab, kompany whole hearted type players, few more similar
type players, then slowly introduce your 2 or 3 world class players when
we become more solid.

Not sure about the description of those Chelsea players. Carvalho had won the Champions League with Mourinho and was a Portugese international, so hardly an unknown quantity. Essien was widely touted as one of the best midfielders in Europe for a while before they bought him. He cost £24m and you don't spend that much on unknowns. Wasn't Cech already an international when they signed him?

I agree with the premise that they don't need to all be superstars. At the very least they mustn't be superstar primadonnas. Most of the good sides are made up of very good solid players and 4 or 5 superstars. All the top sides have an incredible work ethic, and we don't have that at the moment. Is it any coincidence that Arsenal have started to slide since they lost some hardworkers and haven't bought any top players?

bluebarn said:
Not sure about the description of those Chelsea players. Carvalho had won the Champions League with Mourinho and was a Portugese international, so hardly an unknown quantity. Essien was widely touted as one of the best midfielders in Europe for a while before they bought him. He cost £24m and you don't spend that much on unknowns. Wasn't Cech already an international when they signed him?

I agree with the premise that they don't need to all be superstars. At the very least they mustn't be superstar primadonnas. Most of the good sides are made up of very good solid players and 4 or 5 superstars. All the top sides have an incredible work ethic, and we don't have that at the moment. Is it any coincidence that Arsenal have started to slide since they lost some hardworkers and haven't bought any top players?

Yeah but if chelsea were after the superstars they would have signed cannavaro or nesta at cb and the best dm in the world instead of Essien, which they were buying for potential aswell as current ability, which he well and truly fulfilled that potential, thats what i mean, no reason why we cant go for top caliber of player, who are not classed as world superstars.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.