Why do vets charge so much?

Weird thread. Don’t use them or have pets if you don’t want to pay. Vets train for the same length of doctors and have one of the most demanding jobs around, their Suicide rate is only behind those of Doctors as well in the UK.

If it bothers you then take out pet insurance.

I personally think vets are worth their weight in gold. I’d much rather they were on £150k per week than footballers.

Only partners seem to really earn the big money too. They do an immensely impressive job IMO. Every species is different, requiring more dexterity than doctors, not to mention how tiny everything is.

You're a proper soft touch with your dogs Guy, it's nice to see, I'll be your dog:)

You mention windyway, up at Teggs Nose? I rescued my best ever mate from there, a Jack Russell, he wasn't abandoned, he came with a proper basket, crocheted blankets, separate bowls etc, his previous owner had to offload due to personal circumstances but she provided notes about his likes/dislikes/habits etc. Only problem was that his given name was Red, so I changed it to Ted, had to be done.

He went everywhere with me, I was market trading and he was well known on the gaffs round Cheshire, he had a real eye for the ladies and often disappeared for a couple of days when we lived more rurally. Local farmer once told me that Ted had turned up in his yard one morning, his collie woman was in season, another male jack russell turned up, a white one, he said the 2 of them had a set to that last most of the morning and the white one went home about lunchtime but it was more red than white by the time Ted had finished with it, hard as nails he was, still never got his end away with the collie though.
Once I was driving my van home from the market and he, as usual, was hanging out the passenger window catching the breeze, as I took a right hand bend he disappeared out the window, I could see him in the mirror bouncing about the road like a rag doll, I feared the worst as I pulled up and got out the van, he was stood up but dazed to fuck, he came running as soon as I shouted, jumped back in the van and straight back to his window, few cuts and bruises but soon mended. Broke my heart when I had to take him the vets for the final time, I loved him.

As for vets, my neighbour refers to their vet as £70Jeff, doesn't matter what the problem is with the cats it's always £70 a visit.

What an absolute lad hehe. Eye for the ladies eh, just like his dad xD

I should not laugh at him getting a bump but the way you describe it; especially knowing how tough they are makes me laugh "fuck just happened, wheres dad, fuck sake dad let us back in you ****" hahahahah. I am sure he had his share of tail from the sounds of it, the dirty sod hehe. If ever there was a traders dog it is a jack russell hehe. The poor sod, i can imagine him a bit fucked after smashing the other dogs face in then finding a logistics issue in his way haha. Was it that or did she just hit the deck when he tried it?

Sorry for the off topic.

Weird thread. Don’t use them or have pets if you don’t want to pay. Vets train for the same length of doctors and have one of the most demanding jobs around, their Suicide rate is only behind those of Doctors as well in the UK.

If it bothers you then take out pet insurance.

I personally think vets are worth their weight in gold. I’d much rather they were on £150k per week than footballers.

Agreed, when we say about footballers and brain surgeons etc, people who look after my dog beat them all.

You're a proper soft touch with your dogs Guy, it's nice to see, I'll be your dog:)

You mention windyway, up at Teggs Nose? I rescued my best ever mate from there, a Jack Russell, he wasn't abandoned, he came with a proper basket, crocheted blankets, separate bowls etc, his previous owner had to offload due to personal circumstances but she provided notes about his likes/dislikes/habits etc. Only problem was that his given name was Red, so I changed it to Ted, had to be done.

He went everywhere with me, I was market trading and he was well known on the gaffs round Cheshire, he had a real eye for the ladies and often disappeared for a couple of days when we lived more rurally. Local farmer once told me that Ted had turned up in his yard one morning, his collie woman was in season, another male jack russell turned up, a white one, he said the 2 of them had a set to that last most of the morning and the white one went home about lunchtime but it was more red than white by the time Ted had finished with it, hard as nails he was, still never got his end away with the collie though.
Once I was driving my van home from the market and he, as usual, was hanging out the passenger window catching the breeze, as I took a right hand bend he disappeared out the window, I could see him in the mirror bouncing about the road like a rag doll, I feared the worst as I pulled up and got out the van, he was stood up but dazed to fuck, he came running as soon as I shouted, jumped back in the van and straight back to his window, few cuts and bruises but soon mended. Broke my heart when I had to take him the vets for the final time, I loved him.

As for vets, my neighbour refers to their vet as £70Jeff, doesn't matter what the problem is with the cats it's always £70 a visit.
Got my best mate from windy ways as well in 1982 black and white mongrel full litter taken in still get a tear in my eye when I think of that final trip to the vet.

Is Teggs Nose where to go to dump your dog?

.... I was just trying to relieve the pressure by draining the puss build up whilst his medication took hold. There was a dark bit that came to the hole in his paw so just wiggled it out along with a few more.

Dogs are great :-D

What about puss? They're great too. I've got a pimple on my nose. Does it matter? Only if I squeeze it.

He went everywhere with me, I was market trading and he was well known on the gaffs round Cheshire, he had a real eye for the ladies and often disappeared for a couple of days when we lived more rurally. Local farmer once told me that Ted had turned up in his yard one morning, his collie woman was in season, another male jack russell turned up, a white one, he said the 2 of them had a set to that last most of the morning and the white one went home about lunchtime but it was more red than white by the time Ted had finished with it, hard as nails he was, still never got his end away with the collie though...
Lucky he wasn't shot. Dogs running free in a area where presumably there were sheep (if the farmer had a collie)?

Anyway, we obviously need more EU vets to drive down vets' wages.

Those fuckers! All that education and training, years of going without a decent paycheck and paying out of the nose for their training and they have the fucking nerve to get a decent paycheck and buy a nice car. Twats, all of ‘em!

Would a Ford GT be OK? Shelby Mustang? Or does it have to be a Ka?
Do they still make Reliant Robins ?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.