Why do we miss so many chances?

This is where I think xg can be useful. We clearly underperformed yesterday (and Tottenham wildly over performed), but on the whole our goals are actually higher than our xg. He doesn't express it in those terms, but Pep's whole model is high xg = wins.

This is where I think xg can be useful. We clearly underperformed yesterday (and Tottenham wildly over performed), but on the whole our goals are actually higher than our xg. He doesn't express it in those terms, but Pep's whole model is high xg = wins.
We didn't take many of our chances,but we didn't underperform by any stretch - the football on show was right up there amongst the most fluid and mesmerising stuff we have played,things just didn't go our way.....again.

Because we attack packed defences, or in Pep’s words we attack small spaces and defend large spaces. So that probably also explains why it seems as if we concede almost every time the opposition get a decent chance.

Edit: I’m with stupid beat me to it

Considering the amount of goals we scored last couple if seasons i dont se it as a .major issue.Not often you score every shot.We have loads of chances so law of averages we miss more .But at times the lads have there shooting boots on and teams get battered

We didn't take many of our chances,but we didn't underperform by any stretch - the football on show was right up there amongst the most fluid and mesmerising stuff we have played,things just didn't go our way.....again.

You're right. I meant it purely in xg terms.

We're doing pretty well actually. Taking last season we were the third best at converting shots into goals. Using data from https://www.premierleague.com/stats this is how the "goals scored per shot taken" table looks:

Arsenal 15.6%
Liverpool 15.5%
Manchester City 13.9%
AFC Bournemouth 12.6%
Burnley 12.5%
Tottenham Hotspur 12.5%
Manchester United 12.4%
Watford 11.9%
West Ham United 11.8%
Everton 10.8%
Chelsea 10.4%
Crystal Palace 10.3%
Leicester City 9.9%
Wolverhampton Wanderers 9.9%
Brighton and Hove Albion 9.4%
Newcastle United 9.4%
Southampton 9.3%
Cardiff City 8.2%
Fulham 7.5%
Huddersfield Town 5.5%

Nothing to worry about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.