Why does Aguero play poorly alongside Balotelli?

Blue Haze

It was in the MNF thread but got little notice. Being discussed on other forums too.

Tevez-4 games, 6 goals
Dzeko-19 games, 10 goals
Balotelli-15 games, 2 goals

Okay I can understand Tevez, no matter what you think of him he's a world class forward.

But why the dropoff between Dzeko and Balotelli?

Because Mario is selfish and makes the wrong decision in going for goal? Language barrier is going to be an issue, but could say the same for Dzeko.

But, for me, its just players just don't compliment and read each other sometimes - simples.

I think it's more a case of why do Aguero and Tevez play so well alongside each other.
Tevez and Aguero play in the same national team, are from the same country and have known and played alongside each other for more than just under a season as is the case with Aguero & Dzeko or Aguero & Balotelli so it's no surprise if they have a better understanding of each other's game.
This is the first season where Aguero and Balotelli have ever played together in the same team and it takes time to build a partnership so again it's no surprise if they don't have the greatest understanding of each others game YET. Same goes for Aguero and Dzeko.

redmizzle said:
I think it's more a case of why do Aguero and Tevez play so well alongside each other.
Tevez and Aguero play in the same national team, are from the same country and have known and played alongside each other for more than just under a season as is the case with Aguero & Dzeko or Aguero & Balotelli so it's no surprise if they have a better understanding of each other's game.
This is the first season where Aguero and Balotelli have ever played together in the same team and it takes time to build a partnership so again it's no surprise if they don't have the greatest understanding of each others game YET. Same goes for Aguero and Dzeko.

I have not seen any advancement at all in understanding between the two. I can't see what anyone could say to show otherwise really on the whole.

Your idea we should look how Kun and Tevez work well is off the point as that is not the focus. You even mention how they know each other intricately.
Yes we can say "well Tevez does this" but Balo is not Tevez so that loses credibility straight off.

We are looking why Balo and Kun do not work. They have been tried in a few variations and show no sign really of improvement in understanding.

TCIB said:
redmizzle said:

I have not seen any advancement at all in understanding between the two. I can't see what anyone could say to show otherwise really on the whole.

So instead of picking holes in my points, why don't you offer opinions of your own? What do you think are the reasons why they are not the best partnership? Do you think that my saying that Aguero and Tevez understand each other's games better is not a valid point?

TCIB said:
redmizzle said:

Mario thinks he's 'it' and doesn't try to get Kun on the ball more (who is obviously better than him). He's more likely to take a shot then take on the role as provider with a simple pass.
Tevez's arrival made me realise how much of a disconnect there can be up top. Tevez was slated as being selfish, but he never had a world class forward to play off of.

I also think Damocles made an excellent point in his West Brom review:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/index.php/2012/04/13/west-brom-review/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/ind ... om-review/</a>
This is what I believe to be “The Mancini style”. He has given lectures in the past on the importance of universality in players and on creating overloads on the pitch as a means of success. The passing triangles formed on each wing create that domination, whilst the opposite wing moves into more standard positions to recieve the ball and create/finish a scoring opportunity. However, due to Balo’s and Dzeko’s love of playing on the last man and moving into channels to make a run rather than form a passing situation, it’s something that we’ve rarely had this year. Tevez/Aguero/Silva/Nasri are all comfortable on the wings, in the centre on the last man, in the centre facing a defence or dropping deep to receive the ball

Of course Aguero is going to play better alongside Tevez:

1. Balotelli is selfish, he does what he wants, when he wants, how he wants. As much as i like the guy, he really doesn't have the top priority mind frame for a consistent goal scorer/assist goal scorer. It's all about him at the moment, and i really can't see his mind set changing either.

2. Tevez and Aguero are extremely good mates, they've played together for quite some time, in their national Argentinian team and now for City. They understand eachother completely, they know eachothers movements, and thus, by the goal scored against Norwich on the weekend (Tevez back heel to Aguero, Goal scored top left corner), they perform extraordinarly well with eachother.

TCIB said:
I have in other threads :)

Sell Balo, bring in Guidetti.

Next !

What if a Guidetti and Aguero partnership don't hit the heights of the Tevez and Aguero partnership in just under one full season? Sell him too?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.