Why does no one claim to care about Manchester City?

TBH I think most fans have moved on from hating petro-dollar City. Only the coach wreckers, the rags, and to an extent Arsenal fans, still hate petro-dollar city.

Out of the coach wreckers and the rags, I'd say the coach wreckers now hate City the most. :-)
No they don’t, they don’t care remember. If they don’t care they why do they go on and on about us so much.

It's quite simple:

United and Liverpool fans support their club for sucess - when they are successful, everyone knows how great they are for picking a club that was already successful.

If anything other than success happens they go in a huff and claim they don't care - until the next time they can rub your nose in it.

I remember when I was about 12 a girl called Joanne (same age) dumped me after we went to the pictures to see Flight of the Navigator- I told everyone I didn't care, but really I was at home lying in a dark room listening to every break up song that ever existed!!!!

Obvs I didn't care, hence why 33 years later I still remember it :D
Aww fuck, thought you were going to say you ended up marrying her :-( I was rooting for you until I read the last sentence ....

Over 16,000 posts on the dipper thread and nearly 17,000 on the rag thread show we don’t care about them either.
But I don't think many City fans would ever say we don't care about our closest regional rivals. Let's face it hating United and what they stand for (and nowadays Liverpool) is part of the deal of being a City fan. One of the best things about supporting football (especially live) is it allows you to vent your spleen. Pretending you don't care is a coping mechanism for Liverpool fans. Most United fans I know (certainly Mancunian ones) are happy to say they hate City. It's part of their DNA and I don't have a problem with it.

But I don't think many City fans would ever say we don't care about our closest regional rivals. Let's face it hating United and what they stand for (and nowadays Liverpool) is part of the deal of being a City fan. One of the best things about supporting football (especially live) is it allows you to vent your spleen. Pretending you don't care is a coping mechanism for Liverpool fans. Most United fans I know (certainly Mancunian ones) are happy to say they hate City. It's part of their DNA and I don't have a problem with it.
True, mate. I was being flippant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.