Why does the club allow poor journalism? Is this the worst article ever?

He is only writing about us because he can’t write about the dippers
The rule is only positive dipper articles so you don’t offend the cult
Unfortunately they are so shite at moment he has no cheerleading fanzine articles to write for them
Should furlough him really
#the reds are taking over!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but to be credible it has to be based on facts. This article is based on lies. City are not, and have never been, owned by a state. The ownership structure is clear and transparent. We have been audited independently for more than 10 years and the CAS case proved comprehensively that we have done nothing wrong financially.
To continue to label City as an "Abu Dhabi sportswashing project" is no more than racism because the nationality of our owner is irrelevant. Evans knows what he is doing and so does the Independent. It is reasonable for City to correct false information published about us by any media outlet. It is just business and protection of our brand.
Well said. The thing is, articles like this perpetuate the myth and you end up with non-City fans (and no doubt some City fans too) believing that these are facts. It’s a bit like my chat up line mantra from the eighties, ‘If you throw enough shit occasionally some of it sticks!’

"Whatever your stance in the sportwashing/positive-projection-of-Abu-Dhabi debate, it is clear that the Emirate did not buy City to win over a few thousand people in Manchester who supported a quirky, underachieving football team."

Bless him. Points for trying at least.

It means jack shit to anybody else.

Sadly that isn't true. The likes of Evans, Delooney, Harris, etc, continue to push their ant-City agenda and narrative on purpose. And they are being paid to do that. Sadly and predictably there are plenty of believers to keep Evans, Delooney, Harris, etc going on.

This is a paid and coordinated group of Journalists, if you can call them that, who are constantly attacking Sheikh Mansour and Manchester City Football Club.

To my knowledge no other football club owner or football club has has to put up with 10 YEARS of constant attacks, smears, and lies like Mancheter City Football Club has. '10 years!'. Let that sink in.

I wonder if they will get around to suggesting the PL be a handicap game, where the league winners have to give points to every team dependent on their final positions at the end of the season for the forthcoming season. The mind boggles. They have had it good for so long and now we have turned up with a much superior system/method of operating. Dummies are spat out, Toys are thrown out of their prams, they are bawling and screaming in their tantrums and paddy. Soldiers are recruited from the Forth Estate in an attempt to smear our pedigree. We must stand firm in the face of all these shenanigans and perjurious utterings from those that would align themselves with the Cartel clubs, they pray for our demise. Onwards and upwards my fellow Blues.
Superbia In Praelia

I am disappointed that the so-called "quality" newspapers such as The Independent and Guardian give a platform to such biased writers who are unable to see things from anywhere but their own narrow, fan driven viewpoint.
This type of article belongs on a platform such as rawk rather than in the mainstream media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.