Why hasn't England ever produced the worlds best footballer?

Simples imo.

Yoof culture in this country.

The amount of talent in this country that's pissed it up a wall, partied, screwed, gambled, snorted, spent and raved their way to mediocrity.

The best in the world completely dedicate themselves entirely to their game, and set aside the decadence which the ruins the rest.

And therein lies the problem, you can still get very well paid for mediocrity in the current game.

Stanley Matthews and Bobby Charlton have both won the Ballon d'Or.

Football has been around officially for over 150 years and had the Ballon d'Or been around for the first 80/90 odd years prior to Matthews winning the first ever one in the 1950's I think many an English player would have won it.

It's what has happened since 66 that's the mystery and concern.

I think we have got lazy and arrogant in this country and have allowed the standards to be set outside of the country and methods and innovation to be created also outside of the country.

The only way I see us being innovators again is if the PL bubble burst and forced the country into a foootballing adversity where we would be forced to become innovative and reliant on core grassroots coaching, both in regards to players and coaches themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.