Why haven’t Manchester City become the "super club" they should be?

Common knowledge or post-event rationalisation? Because, as with Hart, some of the more voluble posters now brand him as a cnut, whereas some like to think he was something special. Polarisation. Some of the sneers from self-appointed ITKs are actually pretty shabby, specially when some of the same individuals have the brass neck to demand unswerving faith in the current manager. Time will tell.
I'd class Silva, Sergio and Vincent as pretty important.....

In all fairness 7 or 8 of them players that fell out with Mancini have now already left or being pushed out by Pep..... Joe Hart probably would have tried turning on Pep and could have well done (for all we know), but the lad would be pissing in the wind as he knows Pep has 110% backing by the board. The players who fell out with Mancini blamed Mancini for their own failures that season because of petty things (like not saying good morning), yet now they've not exactly moved on to outstanding careers.

Who? Kompany? Aguero? Can you name names and sources?

Who? Kompany? Aguero? Can you name names and sources?

You want me to name sources from an event that happened 4 years ago? Truthfully I can't be arsed finding links, but it was well known Nasri and Joe hart were two of the players who fell out with Mancini, Joe Hart being the biggest culprit, you'd have had to be blind not to see it at the time!
Kompany was another, he has missed a shit load of games through injury since Mancini's departure, no doubt Mancini would have replaced Kompany 2.5 years ago instead of relying on him resulting to the piss poor weak defence we have now, despite us pissing away over £100M on finding aqueduct cover.
Shay Given didn't like him because he "shouted" at players and staff, and even admitted that he (Mancini) fell out with a load of players, he even described him as volatile on talkSPORT radio! What a career he's had since he left us in 2011, got fucked off by a relegation battling Villa, and now even Stoke don't bother with him, even Jakob Haugaard got more game time than him last season!

What I'm trying to get at was players brought it on themselves to get a man sacked because he was honest with them and didn't pander to their "feelings"..... It still boils my piss to this day that the players took no responsibility for what happened that season, and the bad thing is it's still continuing even to this day, the players put piss poor performances in, then its up to Pep to take the wrap, leaving the illusion that the players always give 100% and that it must be down to the shit tactics why we lose games!

The game is on its arse when players have more power than the managers these days, I listen to the Magic Sponge podcast and even Jimmy Bullard says he has to be careful what he says to his players at Leatherhead, and that he has to treat them all differently individually because he doesn't want to upset anyone! Fucking Leatherhead that is, so imagine what it's like at City with the prima donnas we have.
Fucking hell if I knew my manager was afraid to upset me I'd take fucking liberties with that, and that's exactly what all players do today!!

IMO we'll never be a super club, not when we continue to meet the needs of every fucking player, even when they can't be arsed giving it their all in every game!

Rant over, I'll stop boring people now!

You want me to name sources from an event that happened 4 years ago? Truthfully I can't be arsed finding links, but it was well known Nasri and Joe hart were two of the players who fell out with Mancini, Joe Hart being the biggest culprit, you'd have had to be blind not to see it at the time!
Kompany was another, he has missed a shit load of games through injury since Mancini's departure, no doubt Mancini would have replaced Kompany 2.5 years ago instead of relying on him resulting to the piss poor weak defence we have now, despite us pissing away over £100M on finding aqueduct cover.
Shay Given didn't like him because he "shouted" at players and staff, and even admitted that he (Mancini) fell out with a load of players, he even described him as volatile on talkSPORT radio! What a career he's had since he left us in 2011, got fucked off by a relegation battling Villa, and now even Stoke don't bother with him, even Jakob Haugaard got more game time than him last season!

What I'm trying to get at was players brought it on themselves to get a man sacked because he was honest with them and didn't pander to their "feelings"..... It still boils my piss to this day that the players took no responsibility for what happened that season, and the bad thing is it's still continuing even to this day, the players put piss poor performances in, then its up to Pep to take the wrap, leaving the illusion that the players always give 100% and that it must be down to the shit tactics why we lose games!

The game is on its arse when players have more power than the managers these days, I listen to the Magic Sponge podcast and even Jimmy Bullard says he has to be careful what he says to his players at Leatherhead, and that he has to treat them all differently individually because he doesn't want to upset anyone! Fucking Leatherhead that is, so imagine what it's like at City with the prima donnas we have.
Fucking hell if I knew my manager was afraid to upset me I'd take fucking liberties with that, and that's exactly what all players do today!!

IMO we'll never be a super club, not when we continue to meet the needs of every fucking player, even when they can't be arsed giving it their all in every game!

Rant over, I'll stop boring people now!
My misunderstanding, mate. One or two posters were raking the coals over Mancini and - not sure how - I misread your post as also having a pop. Apologies.

Good rant :)

You become a super club after decades of trophy wins both domestically and in Europe - not splashing cash around for 5 seasons like we have intermittently winning trophys every other season.

It's not a criticism it's a fact , we are nowhere being a powerhouse of the game and we won't see it in Peps time here either- unless he stays for 5/6 seasons .We haven't even got an identity yet, we had more of an identity when we won the first PL title, we failed to kick on and 6 seasons later we still haven't got one- we are a long way off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.