Why haven't we named more of our stands after former legends?

I think they should name one stand after the previous seasons player of the year i think that would push some player's on the next season

South Stand should be called the Bert Trautmann Stand
North Stand should be called the 93:20 Stand
East Stand should be called the Kippax Stand or the Maine Stand

Agree with trautman

93:20 not for me remember the dramatics of our 3rd title win, but that what it is, not our first ever title or trophy, as dramatic and great as it was it isn't stand worthy personnally.

East stand could/should be called the kippax and the lower teir made safe standing.

Aguero stand for the North Stand - scorer of arguably the greatest league goal in English history there and our record goalscorer, leave the rest as they are. Although the direction FFP is taking football, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s named the ‘Nissan Stand’ before long.

The Kippax should be the priority if we're re-naming stands. A strong name that instills fear in opposing fans. The problem with naming after old players is that they will date too quickly and the younger generation couldnt care less. The centurions stand is also a good shout to remind everyone of the team and that impressive achievement.

Agree with trautman

93:20 not for me remember the dramatics of our 3rd title win, but that what it is, not our first ever title or trophy, as dramatic and great as it was it isn't stand worthy personnally.

East stand could/should be called the kippax and the lower teir made safe standing.
Yeah fair point. I just think as one of the most significant moments in football history it’s a bit more than just a third title win.

I’ve always thought it should be ESL1 that should be safe standing too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.