Why is it...

mike1923

That a referee can miss a foul by a player, then be offered a chance to see it again on video after the game and reassess what action he should have took? (ie Balotelli)

BUT

if the referee misses the ball crossing the line, he isn't allowed to see it again and reassess the decision he has made? (ie Lampard at the World Cup).

What difference does it make if the ref is watching a video at the time of the incident or after the game? If he's allowed to watch incidents back to make a judgement on them it should be consistent and not just when the FA decide they want somebody punished.

Adding on to this, why is it that they can review a red card decision and not a yellow?

Surely if they are suggesting that they can get things wrong, all truly reverseable decisions should be able to be reviewed....

mike1923 said:
That a referee can miss a foul by a player, then be offered a chance to see it again on video after the game and reassess what action he should have took? (ie Balotelli)

BUT

if the referee misses the ball crossing the line, he isn't allowed to see it again and reassess the decision he has made? (ie Lampard at the World Cup).

What difference does it make if the ref is watching a video at the time of the incident or after the game? If he's allowed to watch incidents back to make a judgement on them it should be consistent and not just when the FA decide they want somebody punished.

funny that they dont go back and give disallowed goals back is it..

Does the FA show it to the Ref in slow mo?
I think the ref should only be allowed to make a decision watching it in real time and if they have seen it on the tele a million times in super slow mo he shouldn't be allowed to give an new opinion.

softlad said:
Adding on to this, why is it that they can review a red card decision and not a yellow?

Surely if they are suggesting that they can get things wrong, all truly reverseable decisions should be able to be reviewed....

Or retrospectively awarded a red card when the ref only handed out a yellow because the incident was far worse than the referee first thought

The Pink Panther said:
softlad said:

Or retrospectively awarded a red card when the ref only handed out a yellow because the incident was far worse than the referee first thought

I agree with this one - they can ( and do ) make mistakes ........ so why not the option to review a yellow ????

On a slightly different note, did anybody watch the Cardiff - Palace game last night?

There was an incident in Extra time where young Zaha was cleaned out from behind on the touchline by Whittingham. Howard Webb didnt even speak to Whittingham never mind a yellow card that it deserved....

As much as I thought Ballotelli's was a stamp, I do believe that Ref's particularly Webb are influenced by the rship they have with players on the pitch during the game.

Obviously Ballotelli doesn't have a great 1 with refs, but you could clearly see Howard Webb laughing and joking with Whittingham during the game and was wondering whether that influenced his decision to keep his cards in his pocket, especially as Mccarthy had previously been sent off for 2 tackles that were no worse.

Am I just being paranoid like most seem to be at the mo or do you genuinely believe what I say to be true??

BLUEMOONISRISING said:
On a slightly different note, did anybody watch the Cardiff - Palace game last night?

There was an incident in Extra time where young Zaha was cleaned out from behind on the touchline by Whittingham. Howard Webb didnt even speak to Whittingham never mind a yellow card that it deserved....

As much as I thought Ballotelli's was a stamp, I do believe that Ref's particularly Webb are influenced by the rship they have with players on the pitch during the game.

Obviously Ballotelli doesn't have a great 1 with refs, but you could clearly see Howard Webb laughing and joking with Whittingham during the game and was wondering whether that influenced his decision to keep his cards in his pocket, especially as Mccarthy had previously been sent off for 2 tackles that were no worse.

Am I just being paranoid like most seem to be at the mo or do you genuinely believe what I say to be true??

Interesting is the reaction of Cardiff manager Malkay McKay 5 yards away who has a real go at Zaha presumably suggesting he either made a meal of it or wasn't fouled at all. Yet the replay clearly shows Wittingham cleans out Zaha, being no where near the ball.

Perhaps suggests that managers are too involved to be making statements like Twitcher did immediately after Sunday's game

what about crouch,and his eye poking if that was ballotelli hed have been banned,and we would never heard the end of it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.