Why we hate certain clubs.

It just seems to me that these days everybody just hates everybody. You can always stereotype their fans based on a couple of internet warriors or people you hear from a distance in a pub. The reality is, every club has good fans, bad fans and downright embarrassing fans.

The only difference between club relations these days is 'how much' you hate them.

For example, our fans really hate United, Everton and Spurs. To a lesser extent they hate Stoke, Liverpool and Arsenal. At the other end of the scale you have the Blackburns and the Wigans who we still hate, just not that much.

The only exception seems to be West Ham and even then there are people who hate them.

I don't have exceptional hatred for anybody, I'm simply focused on City doing well. I don't see why we have to put groups of fans in boxes. Just take each individual on their merits, debate the football being played and let any talking happen on the pitch.

kennycar said:
I still think of Everton as a racist club. At least that's one positive you can say about United as they, like City, have always been one of the most forward thinking clubs in kicking out racism.

The main reason I hate United, when it comes down to it, is because of all the kids at school who used to say "You support City?.... Shitty City. Hurr, hurr, hurr". It still makes me tremble with rage at the fucking stupidity of it.

-- Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:52 pm --

And I'll add this, as hard as it is sometimes to be a city fan, and as hard as it can be to argue with united fans as an adult, it's nothing compared to the shit we all had to deal with growing up. The way idiot child United fanboy's would state utter bollocks as fact, like that they could probably take on City's entire team themselves, at 9 years old, and win, because City are so rubbish, and they would be backed up by about 20 other fucking idiots. I'm glad I don't have to put up with that anymore, as at least adults respond to logic.

Are you in your twenties as well mate? School was fucking shit for this kind of thing wasn't it?! Hundreds of Rags, who were massive fans even though they'd never been to a game in their lives and probably still never have!<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:34 pm --<br /><br />
SkyBlueFlux said:
It just seems to me that these days everybody just hates everybody. You can always stereotype their fans based on a couple of internet warriors or people you hear from a distance in a pub. The reality is, every club has good fans, bad fans and downright embarrassing fans.

The only difference between club relations these days is 'how much' you hate them.

For example, our fans really hate United, Everton and Spurs. To a lesser extent they hate Stoke, Liverpool and Arsenal. At the other end of the scale you have the Blackburns and the Wigans who we still hate, just not that much.

The only exception seems to be West Ham and even then there are people who hate them.

I don't have exceptional hatred for anybody, I'm simply focused on City doing well. I don't see why we have to put groups of fans in boxes. Just take each individual on their merits, debate the football being played and let any talking happen on the pitch.

I don't hate West Ham, Sunderland, Wolves, the Sheffield clubs....

all great clubs with good traditions and good histories, also with good fans!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.