Width

Rhapsody in Blue

Team supported
Manchester City
25 min into the CS game and after watching pre season games, it feels like we will utilize the width much more this season.

Quite excited if so as it feels like we’ve been trying to thread the ball through the middle a lot recent seasons.

That we kept Bobb and bought Savinho also seem to support this. Thoughts?

25 min into the CS game and after watching pre season games, it feels like we will utilize the width much more this season.

Quite excited if so as it feels like we’ve been trying to thread the ball through the middle a lot recent seasons.

Hope so. I loved peps first version of city with raz and sane on the wings. TBF middle wasn't too shabby then either.

Hope so. I loved peps first version of city with raz and sane on the wings. TBF middle wasn't too shabby then either.
That was some front five, and there’s no reason why it couldn’t be replicated with the current squad:

Bobb, de Bruyne, Håland, Foden, Doku/Savinho.

I’d love to see it, but whether we will is another matter.

That was some front five, and there’s no reason why it couldn’t be replicated with the current squad:

Bobb, de Bruyne, Håland, Foden, Doku/Savinho.

I’d love to see it, but whether we will is another matter.
Savinho is left footed and Doku right, I’d like to see us play them that way instead of inverted get to the byline, like Bobb did for the goal, it would free up space in the middle as well, similar to when Sane and Sterling played together, they can then come in at the back post for the cross from the opposite side.

During the preseason, we seemed to be playing quick balls to the wings, even without having the players to play that system. So it was clear Pep was paving the way to have that mentality going into the new season. It’s a pity Jack didn’t start today. I’m sure Pep would have loved to have brought both Savio and Doku on after 70 mins to have a go at United tired defence.

Either way. We seem to have a bit more urgency in recent games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.