Wifi At Etihad Stadium

Wait a minute!

My interweb phone worked for the first time against Everton. Got a pint at half time, sat down on the concorse, and turned my interweb phone on. It actually worked for once. Good signal as well. Surfed the interweb looking at various sites.

And you wonder why the atmosphere is terrible sometimes.
It's because people have there heads down on there smartphones watching a video of 'Will it Blend' on YouTube while texting a mate at the other end of the stadium.

Nothings gonna happen to you in the 90 minutes your not clutching your smartphone.

weeman19_89 said:
And you wonder why the atmosphere is terrible sometimes.
It's because people have there heads down on there smartphones watching a video of 'Will it Blend' on YouTube while texting a mate at the other end of the stadium.

Nothings gonna happen to you in the 90 minutes your not clutching your smartphone.

Maybe read some of the posts in the thread?

I have a confession to make:

a) I am well over 50 and not only do I know how to use the internet and computers but I used to teach other people how to use them!! So I am not afraid to press OK!!

b) I have an iPhone and use it when it is appropriate but not every second of every day.

c) When I go to the Etihad stadium (formerly COMS) I go to watch a football match not to play around with my phone.

d) MCFC2112 who said it could "be dangerous in certain circumstances" not to be able to use your phone. What circumstances would that be? If you are taken ill at a match they have the St John's Ambulance people there, if you are needed back home they have the public address system and police back up. How do you think they managed before we had mobile phones?

e) Like the people who ask smokers why they can't go 90/120 minutes without a smoke I am asking why people with mobile phones can't manage for 90/120 minutes without them? (I am not and never have been a smoker so have no firm views on that situation because I have never experienced it.)

As always just my humble opinion(s).

Eccles Blue said:
I have a confession to make:

a) I am well over 50 and not only do I know how to use the internet and computers but I used to teach other people how to use them!! So I am not afraid to press OK!!

b) I have an iPhone and use it when it is appropriate but not every second of every day.

c) When I go to the Etihad stadium (formerly COMS) I go to watch a football match not to play around with my phone.

d) MCFC2112 who said it could "be dangerous in certain circumstances" not to be able to use your phone. What circumstances would that be? If you are taken ill at a match they have the St John's Ambulance people there, if you are needed back home they have the public address system and police back up. How do you think they managed before we had mobile phones?

e) Like the people who ask smokers why they can't go 90/120 minutes without a smoke I am asking why people with mobile phones can't manage for 90/120 minutes without them? (I am not and never have been a smoker so have no firm views on that situation because I have never experienced it.)

As always just my humble opinion(s).

If you read what most people are posting, they're not interested about connections during the game itself.

We're talking about before the game and at half time. I for one, do not want to listen to Hugh Ferris or some shit band screeching like banshees whilst I wait for the game, so I put music on, being able to browse anything of my choosing at the same time would be a bonus.

I just want it for half-time so I can check scores and maybe see what bluemooners think of the first half. Too busy watching the game to be bothered about it when the game is actually in play

I couldn't check if my £5 on Ballotelli 1st goal had been laid on Betfair @ 8-1.

It was a lovely surprise to find it had been as I got a signal walking back into town :)

Walking in a 3G Wonderland !!!!

They seem to have improved the 3G signal around the stadium, well at least on O2. I can get online in City square around 30 mins before the game. Unfortunately, as more people turn up, the cell must get swamped and although 3G signal stays good, web access drops right off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.