Wifi At Etihad Stadium

ManCityFC said:
It is a fucking disgrace, I agree. I mean, how hard can it be to dish out free broadband to 50,000 people for 90 minutes? It would only need about 5,000 wireless routers installing and we are fucking loaded. Whilst we are at it, there is still no fucking apple sauce available for my pork hot dog and Doewe Egberts, fuck off, its shite, we should be able to install a personal Tasimo machines on the back of every chair. I have had it with this club, it's like being back in league one.

Heated seats would be nice....

Thanks for the responses guys - and I don't think I would miss too much of a match having wifi access on my iPhone - I could tweet n post on Facebook and even do free video calls back home! Our club is leading the way in other technology areas IPhone App, web site, smart card technology to name just a few....

Eccles Blue said:
I have a confession to make:

a) I am well over 50 and not only do I know how to use the internet and computers but I used to teach other people how to use them!! So I am not afraid to press OK!!

b) I have an iPhone and use it when it is appropriate but not every second of every day.

c) When I go to the Etihad stadium (formerly COMS) I go to watch a football match not to play around with my phone.

d) MCFC2112 who said it could "be dangerous in certain circumstances" not to be able to use your phone. What circumstances would that be? If you are taken ill at a match they have the St John's Ambulance people there, if you are needed back home they have the public address system and police back up. How do you think they managed before we had mobile phones?

e) Like the people who ask smokers why they can't go 90/120 minutes without a smoke I am asking why people with mobile phones can't manage for 90/120 minutes without them? (I am not and never have been a smoker so have no firm views on that situation because I have never experienced it.)

As always just my humble opinion(s).

Here here Eccles Here fucking here mate.

There's a knob who sits in front of me who spends a lot of the match on his blackcurrant fone or whatever it is... he's probably voting on that fuckin x-factor shit or watching them gangster hip rap vids or summat.

blumoonrisen said:
There's a knob who sits in front of me who spends a lot of the match on his blackcurrant fone or whatever it is... he's probably voting on that fuckin x-factor shit or watching them gangster hip rap vids or summat.

That comment just made me spit my beer out, nice one mate.

It is dangerous not having your phone and I'll explain why....

Yesterday I left my iPhone in the wife's car after she dropped me off for the bus.

I had to use a public telephone for the first time in 20-years! A public telephone.

It obviously stunk of piss and no doubt had several semen samples splattered around the inside. I ask you?

My 6 & 7 year olds thought it was hilarious. I felt so ashamed.

try 'football' or 'manchester'. I was there in April &I can't remember which one, but 1 of those worked.

beano46 said:
Eccles Blue said:

a) I am well over 50 and not only do I know how to use the internet and computers but I used to teach other people how to use them!! So I am not afraid to press OK!!

b) I have an iPhone and use it when it is appropriate but not every second of every day.

c) When I go to the Etihad stadium (formerly COMS) I go to watch a football match not to play around with my phone.

d) MCFC2112 who said it could "be dangerous in certain circumstances" not to be able to use your phone. What circumstances would that be? If you are taken ill at a match they have the St John's Ambulance people there, if you are needed back home they have the public address system and police back up. How do you think they managed before we had mobile phones?

e) Like the people who ask smokers why they can't go 90/120 minutes without a smoke I am asking why people with mobile phones can't manage for 90/120 minutes without them? (I am not and never have been a smoker so have no firm views on that situation because I have never experienced it.)

?????

You just sound a bit of a miserable sod....

It's not really that out of order to be able to connect to WIFI in 2011, like most people who suggest this, just want to see the latest score's.

Technology is around to make this possible, why not use it. Not like the expense is huge.

I know you "go to watch the football" but i watch it at home and still look out for other results.

sniff said:
beano46 said:
Eccles Blue said:

?????

You just sound a bit of a miserable sod....

It's not really that out of order to be able to connect to WIFI in 2011, like most people who suggest this, just want to see the latest score's.

Technology is around to make this possible, why not use it. Not like the expense is huge.

I know you "go to watch the football" but i watch it at home and still look out for other results.

I'm concerned that we'd end up with a stadium full of folk who are so engrossed in it, they forget to wear belts and end up with their pants halfway down their arse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.