Wifi At Etihad Stadium

i like to play candy crush when the opposition are on the attack so wifi would be a boon to me as it would save my data allowance.

When people hold their phones up to take pictures or record a video at games the stewards aren't bothered, but what happens when people start to live stream a game with ustream or similar using the stadium wifi? A post on bluemoon asking if anyone has a stream will get a reply of 'hold on, I'll text my mate at the game and ask him to stream it'. Might be handy for those early rounds of the league cup when we don't get shown.

unexpected item said:
When people hold their phones up to take pictures or record a video at games the stewards aren't bothered, but what happens when people start to live stream a game with ustream or similar using the stadium wifi? A post on bluemoon asking if anyone has a stream will get a reply of 'hold on, I'll text my mate at the game and ask him to stream it'. Might be handy for those early rounds of the league cup when we don't get shown.

Haha brilliant! Just face time the match to ur mates from level 3, and with the morons near me you would get full commentary too!

Like I said before the season started, its virtually impossible to provide Wi-Fi for that many people. Its OK saying 50k people wont want to access at the same time but all they need is a phone which is Wi-Fi enabled and if there is an open network it will automatically connect. Nowhere in the world has achieved this on a similar scale yet. I have been part of a team who has looked into this for a stadium with a similar capacity and despite numerous suppliers claiming to be able to do it, when you question them on the mathematics of it they start backing away.

They seem to have sorted the O2 network out though which is good, I can make/take calls and send/receive texts which I've never been able to do before.

True_Blue69 said:
Like I said before the season started, its virtually impossible to provide Wi-Fi for that many people. Its OK saying 50k people wont want to access at the same time but all they need is a phone which is Wi-Fi enabled and if there is an open network it will automatically connect. Nowhere in the world has achieved this on a similar scale yet. I have been part of a team who has looked into this for a stadium with a similar capacity and despite numerous suppliers claiming to be able to do it, when you question them on the mathematics of it they start backing away.

They seem to have sorted the O2 network out though which is good, I can make/take calls and send/receive texts which I've never been able to do before.

Was involved with Cisco's new high density wifi that the club are using on a different project and had contacts who had trialled it and tested it at other venues (US). While very expensive to implement and maintain it does work and works well. Unfortunately no longer with the ITSP so can't provide you with an inside view of the metrics etc, but trust me, it is very possible and works really well.

Just to undermine my statement though, we ain't got it yet ?

I’m coming over for the Liverpool match. How good is the wifi at the etihad these days?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.