Wigan 4 city 0

davymcfc

I know we have lost to worse teams before and had darker times but for me this was one of the most pathetic performances I have seen from a group of players in city shirts. We were 2-0 down in the first 5 minutes. The players clearly didn't give a shit and lost every 50/50 on the pitch. Was a disgrace of a performance but city fans kept singing all day and I am so happy we are now being rewarded for staying loyal. Was anyone else there that day? Has anyone seen a worse display?

Think this was the match when I was in New York. Search all over Chinatown for a paper to get the score. Got a Daily Express for about $3, installed ourselves in a flash coffee shop, strawberry millefeuille, open the paper and it nigh fucked up the entire day!

davymcfc said:
I know we have lost to worse teams before and had darker times but for me this was one of the most pathetic performances I have seen from a group of players in city shirts. We were 2-0 down in the first 5 minutes. The players clearly didn't give a shit and lost every 50/50 on the pitch. Was a disgrace of a performance but city fans kept singing all day and I am so happy we are now being rewarded for staying loyal. Was anyone else there that day? Has anyone seen a worse display?
''Where were we when we were shit?''

*Damn; nearly a complete sentence of words starting with 'w'. Change shit to wank and we have a winner*

£35 and you're sat down, £35 and you're sat down £35 and you're sat down, £35 and you're sat down £35 and you're sat down, £35 and you're sat down.

jimharri said:
davymcfc said:
''Where were we when we were shit?''

*Damn; nearly a complete sentence of words starting with 'w'. Change shit to wank and we have a winner*

wow nice effort

davymcfc said:

I remember that day, like yesterday.

Certainly was one of the worst away performances i'd witnessed.

We still managed to keep our sense of humour though. Wigan fans singing to us... ''you're so shit you're unbelievable'' ... and us singing back to them... ''we're so shit we're unbelievable''... Great stuff!

darrenfret said:
davymcfc said:

I remember that day, like yesterday.

Certainly was one of the worst away performances i'd witnessed.

We still managed to keep our sense of humour though. Wigan fans singing to us... ''you're so shit tour unbelievable'' ... and us singing back to them... ''we're so shit we're unbelievable''... Great stuff!
Yes I remember singing "we're shit and we know we are". Dunney got absolutely rinsed that day.

davymcfc said:

I watched that in a bar in Tenerife with a couple of Wigan fans who took the piss non-stop. A bleak performance, but I can think of several worse ones, from 97 to 99 especially:
0-0 at home to Bristol Rovers
0-1 at home to Bury
3-0 away to Reading (a midweeker at Elm Park)
1-0 away to Wycombe when Royle played 4 defenders across midfield and Quasimodo Beardsley up front
1-0 away to Barnet in the CC

Come to think of it, 3-0 away at Spurs under Hughesless was pretty shit as well!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.