Wigan (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
---------------------Bravo---------------------

Danilo......Stones.........Laporte......Zinchenko

----------------------Delph--------------------------

----------Gundo-------------------Silva-------------

Bernardo------------Sterling-------------------Sane

Audition between Sane and Bernardo for a final starting place against Arsenal.

1-2 to City.
Not sure about your audition as they play on opposite wings. If fit I believe Sane will always be chosen

It would be nice to have VAR for this one, I assume they'll try to put us off with "full blooded challenges" that will get encouragement from the crowd, (maybe bordering on dangerous?).

You could see by Gundogan's reaction last night, that players are conscious of the dangerous tackles we receive.

We need a strong referee willing to encur the wrath of the home support and protect our players.

Some of our hardest games have come from lower league opposition, this will be their cup final.

Is VAR available? If there are enough cameras available for BBC television coverage, there should be enough to help review decisions. Even partial coverage is better than no coverage at all. VAR may help convert a yellow card into a red?

Last edited:
Is VAR available? If there are enough cameras available for BBC television coverage, there should be enough to help review decisions. Even partial coverage is better than no coverage at all. VAR may help convert a yellow card into a red?

would that it t'were so simple (said quickly)

would that it t'were so simple (said quickly)
Viewers at home can often see the decision, whether an offside or two footed challenge etc. with the benefit of slow motion and replays. Surely it doesn't have to be such black and white as "all singing and dancing" or "nothing whatsoever"?

Some help is better than none at all. There is tremendous pressure on officials, even partial VAR would just give them the time to get a fairer decision.

Let’s beat these ****s. Ever since the goater winner they have had it in for us and more often than not they have got the better of us. Memories of that FA cup final and then somehow beating us the next season in the cup still resonate with me. Will be a great atmosphere, full end of traveling blues. Let’s keep our quadruple hopes alive!

-----------------Bravo----------------------
Danilo----Stones-----Laporte----Zinchenko
--------------------Toure-------------------
---------Gundogan-----------Foden-------------
---B.Silva--------Nmecha-----------Sane---

Gundogan and Bernardo have played a lot of games recently but wouldn't drop them with their form improving all the time

-----------------Bravo----------------------
Danilo----Stones-----Laporte----Zinchenko
--------------------Toure-------------------
---------Gundogan-----------Foden-------------
---B.Silva--------Nmecha-----------Sane---

Gundogan and Bernardo have played a lot of games recently but wouldn't drop them with their form improving all the time
Diaz for Bernardo

Me boss is a wigan fan but working in that london all next week so asked him if I could have his ticket for the game his response was ‘Nar mate even I wouldn’t want you sat with all them inbreds that sit around me’

Just hope we get through it with no injuries. Got some very important games after this one and we have only just got some of our players back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.