Wigan Athletic deducted 3 points (P33)

whatever your opinion of them, nobody should be pleased/mock this happening to any club. Anybody supporting their local team deserves respect, even more so when they’ve got much bigger sides in their backyard. Terrible for the fans. Sadly I don’t expect this to be a one-off
Sorry mate, but if ever a group of supporters deserve mockery it is this lot. Quite apart from their hatred of us and love of the rags and/or victims, they are just genuinely obnoxious. I had the misfortune (free ticket) to go to Blackburn v Wigan in December. Bradley Dack of Blackburn got a horrendous injury, after which you could hear his agonised screams all over the ground. For the full 10 minutes it took to get him on a stretcher and as he was carried off, the Wigan bastards abused and taunted him, it was sickening. I have never seen a clearly seriously injured player abused by fans like that anywhere, absolute horrible bastards and it wasn’t a minority of them.

Would have felt for them a while back but broken leg Dave was always snidey about us so fuck em. By the way Dave, amazing how Wigan got to the Prem without any financial backing, just amazing.....

Sorry mate, but if ever a group of supporters deserve mockery it is this lot. Quite apart from their hatred of us and love of the rags and/or victims, they are just genuinely obnoxious. I had the misfortune (free ticket) to go to Blackburn v Wigan in December. Bradley Dack of Blackburn got a horrendous injury, after which you could hear his agonised screams all over the ground. For the full 10 minutes it took to get him on a stretcher and as he was carried off, the Wigan bastards abused and taunted him, it was sickening. I have never seen a clearly seriously injured player abused by fans like that anywhere, absolute horrible bastards and it wasn’t a minority of them.
You must not have been at the game when City played Liverpool 2/3 seasons ago which City won 5-0.
Mane nearly took Ederson's head off with a really high kick and Eddie needed on field treatment and was given oxygen.
And all the feral scousers could do was boo and jeer him.
Same when Yaya got injured at Anfield in 2014.
Fans from that side of Lancashire all appear to be cut from the same cloth!!!

I’d have to look it up can’t remember who scored but do remember there was about 50k there I was in the Platt Lane
Just looked it up 1971 Bell we played in red black stripes att was 46k
I think that was the day they opened the new North stand. I had not been in the scoreboard end for years so I gave it a go, sorry I did it, was rammed and they did not attempt to limit numbers. I think Derek Temple played for them and luckily for us his legs had gone. No disrespect to their owner.

Last edited:
whatever your opinion of them, nobody should be pleased/mock this happening to any club. Anybody supporting their local team deserves respect, even more so when they’ve got much bigger sides in their backyard. Terrible for the fans. Sadly I don’t expect this to be a one-off
Every Wigan fan I’ve ever known or met is a United fan from Wigan who can’t afford/can’t be arsed going to United.

Every time we played them I’d hear fans outside the ground after games singing United songs.

This won’t be all of them, but it’s the ones I’ve encountered.

Don't have a lot of sympathy for this lot.

I get that its a shame for the community etc.

However the fans have been absolutely Scum after all 3 FA Cup games.

Got lots of grief after the Final.

Tried speaking to a few of them in the pub before the game at the DW and they were obnoxious, cocky and full of hatred for us.

So unlucky, go and support Liverpool or United from your armchair or go and watch Rugby. Haha.

I know it's petty but it's difficult to sympathise with them. Their fans were obnoxious at that game where they ran on the pitch and attacked us...after winning. I did have sympathy with Bury though. The biggest disgrace about all this is that the Wigan and Bury cases are similar and both essentially relate to money laundering (and asset stripping) by unscrupulous owners who build up huge debts to themselves and try and cash in when the business goes bust. This is just another case which shows that FFP is making things worse not better because it doesn't do anything about debt. Never mind, I am sure the EFL, now led by that bastion of honesty Rick Parry, will find a solution.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.